Digital TV News: TDS
SITI Cable adds 250,000 digital cable subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – SITI Cable Network Limited (SCNL) (BSE: 532795, NSE: SITI CABLE EQ) has reported results for the quarter ended 31st December, 2014. The company ended the year with a digital subscriber base of 4.85 million.
News categories: SITI Cable, Cable TV, India, Results, Subscribers
TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
May 20, 2013 – TDS Telecommunications (TDS®) has announced that it has updated their TDS TV Microsoft® Mediaroom® platform to version 2.3. TDS TV customers with Mediaroom gain more than a dozen new features and options, giving them more control over their TV-watching experience.
News categories: TDS Telecom, IPTV, Middleware, USA
TDS TV switches to Microsoft Mediaroom in Tennessee
Jan 18, 2013 – TDS Telecommunications (NYSE: TDS) has announced that it is upgrading its TDS TV® platform in Farragut and Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. TDS is switching from the Minerva platform to Microsoft® (NASDAQ: MSFT) Mediaroom®.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Microsoft Mediaroom, Tony Bugher, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Tribunal orders DTH STB interoperability in India
Jun 19, 2011 – India's Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has called for laying down technology standards that would pave the way for technical and commercial interoperability of the Set Top Boxes (STBs) of Direct-To-Home (DTH) operators.
News categories: TDSAT, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
MultiChoice selects Pace to develop second-generation HD PVR
Jun 9, 2010 – South Africa-based pay TV operator, Multichoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN), has chosen Pace plc (LSE:PIC), its existing HD technology partner, to develop a second generation high definition (HD) personal video recorder (PVR).
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Pace set to launch Viasat's next-generation Hybrid HD PVR
Sep 8, 2009 – Viasat Broadcasting (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has once again chosen long-term set-top box partner Pace plc (LSE:PIC) to launch a second generation high definition (HD) personal video recorder (PVR) with built-in hybrid functionality.
News categories: Pace plc, Modern Times Group, Baltics, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Sweden
Sunplus Delivers Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting Solution for DTMB Digital TV and Set-Top-Box in China
Jan 6, 2009 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401; LSE: SUPD) has announced a DTMB digital terrestrial turnkey solution, including its DTMB demodulator (SPHE6630) and MPEG decoder (SPHE1002), targeted at digital TV and Set-Top-Box applications in China.
News categories: Sunplus, CES2021, China, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Experience the best in digital TV with Pace @ IBC
Sep 12, 2008 – At IBC, Pace (LSE:PIC) will be demonstrating how it is bringing the worlds of broadcast and broadband closer together as we move towards convergence in home entertainment technologies.
News categories: Pace plc, Broadband, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Irdeto Secures Africa Debut of High Definition Personal Video Recorder
Sep 12, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has collaborated with MultiChoice (JSE: NPN) in launching its DStv HD PVR. Content stored on the PVR hard drive is encrypted using a unique key stored on the Irdeto smart card, unlike other systems that use fixed encryption keys.
News categories: Irdeto, MultiChoice, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
- African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
- Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
- Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx