Digital TV News: TELUS
TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
Jan 15, 2020 – NBCUniversal International (NBCUI) and TELUS have announced that hayu is available to all TELUS Optik TV customers in Western Canada. TELUS is the only carrier in Canada to offer customers a dedicated hayu app directly within the TV interface.
News categories: TELUS, NBCUniversal, hayu, Hendrik McDermott, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
Aug 15, 2019 – TELUS has launched TELUS Home Assistant, a Google Assistant-based platform that gives Optik TV customers the freedom to control their entertainment experience hands-free using voice commands, at no extra cost.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
TELUS TV subscriber base up 17,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – TELUS has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In the quarter, the company added 17,000 TELUS TV customers to finish with a customer base of 1.1 million, up 11,000 year-on-year.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC20, OTT, Worldwide
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
TELUS first in Canada with 24/7 linear 4K HDR channel
Aug 9, 2018 – TELUS has announced the debut of Travelxp 4K HDR, a global travel and lifestyle channel, marking the first time a network broadcasting 24/7 in 4K HDR is available in Canada.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
TELUS launches 4K HDR TV -- a first in Canada
Apr 19, 2018 – TELUS has announced the launch of a 4K HDR on Optik TV. Already the only TV provider in Western Canada to offer live and On Demand 4K content, TELUS is now the only one to support 4K HDR.
News categories: TELUS, Zainul Mawji, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers combined lost almost 20% fewer TV subscribers in 2017 compared to 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Ericsson MediaFirst TV platform selected by TELUS
Dec 20, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by TELUS to power its next-generation TV service. The Ericsson MediaFirst TV Platform is an end-to-end media platform for the creation, management, and delivery of next-generation Pay TV.
News categories: Ericsson, TELUS, Angel Ruiz, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software