Digital TV News: THEO Technologies
605 and Research Measurement Technologies measure contextual impact of TV
Apr 11, 2019 – 605 has announced a strategic relationship with Research Measurement Technologies (RMT). 605 will combine its analytics and measurement footprint with RMT’s context-based psychographic data to measure the contextual impact that ad placement has on brand and sales outcomes.
News categories: 605, Research Measurement Technologies, Ben Tatta, Gaurav Shirole, Bill McKenna, Bill Harvey, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies to show ad delivery system at IBC2018
Sep 6, 2018 – At IBC2018, Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies will demonstrate a system that enables media companies to monetize inventory, create campaigns, play video on every device and platform, and deliver ads to IP-connected devices, addressable TV, and traditional linear broadcast screens from unified campaign and delivery silos.
News categories: Imagine Communications, SpotX, THEO Technologies, David Heppe, Allen Klosowski, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Worldwide
Agama and THEO Technologies announce strategic partnership
Sep 6, 2018 – Agama and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer is integrated with Agama OTT service assurance. Via the combination, OTT video providers will now be able to offer services with the highest video quality, derive analytics and provide a superior customer experience.
News categories: Agama, THEO Technologies, Johan Görsjö, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
V-Nova PERSEUS 2 integrated with the THEOplayer Universal Player
Aug 30, 2017 – V-Nova and THEO Technologies have announced the availability of PERSEUS 2 decoding capabilities with THEOplayer, the cross-platform video player from THEO Technologies. The solution will make its debut at IBC 2017.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Media Player, Worldwide
Argon Design licenses HEVC/H.265 streams to Imagination Technologies
Jun 4, 2014 – Argon Design has licensed Argon Streams to Imagination Technologies Limited, to provide improved verification coverage of Imagination’s PowerVR Series5 D5500 HEVC video decoder IP core.
News categories: Argon Design, Imagination Technologies, Chris Longstaff, Alan Scott, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
OTT Providers Must Address Delivery Network Access to Remain Competitive
Sep 18, 2012 – A detailed analysis by IHS (NYSE: IHS) reveals that the costs of OTT rises to uncompetitive levels when such services are scaled up to meet the demands of large numbers of the average TV-viewing public.
News categories: Screen Digest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Video and Audio Drive Doubling of Maximum HDD Densities by 2016
May 21, 2012 – Maximum areal densities in hard disk drives are expected to more than double during the five-year period from 2011 to 2016, spurring continued growth for HDDs in storage-intensive applications such as video and audio systems, according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, DVR, Gateway, Market Research
SVC4QoE Project Combines Scalable Video Coding and Quality of Experience Technologies for Robust Mobile Performance Over DVB-T2
Apr 26, 2012 – The SVC4QoE consortium has successfully concluded a project that demonstrates the potential of combined Scalable Video Coding (SVC) and Quality of Experience (QoE) technologies to improve mobile multimedia services while reducing broadcasters' capital and operational costs.
News categories: SVC4QoE, DVB-T2, France, Mobile, Terrestrial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media