Digital TV News: TIM
TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
Feb 20, 2020 – TVSquared has released the findings of its pan-European TV advertising performance analysis. Looking at data across 12 European countries, TVSquared uncovered the most commonly measured KPIs and the highest and lowest performing days, dayparts and creative lengths.
News categories: TVSquared, Mark Hudson, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
Feb 18, 2020 – According to the Cisco Annual Internet Report, 5G will support more than 10% of the world's mobile connections by 2023 and social networking, video streaming and downloads, business productivity, e-commerce and gaming will drive the continued growth of mobile applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Roland Acra, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
Feb 17, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008) has announced that it reached 41.4 million monthly active users at the end of 2019, representing an increase of 35% over 2018. Additionally, video views grew 69% to 5.7 billion year-over-year, supporting growth in its video segment revenue.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Results, Subscribers
Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
Feb 13, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) has released fourth quarter and fiscal year 2019 results. The company added a record 4.6 million incremental active accounts in Q4 and ended 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts. Player units were up 33% year-over-year.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
Feb 13, 2020 – Online viewing is gaining ground on traditional broadcast TV, according to CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) and Streaming Video Alliance research. Over 80% of consumers are streaming more video than 3 years ago and nearly half of respondents define TV as being delivered over the internet.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streaming Video Alliance, Rory McVicar, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
Feb 13, 2020 – VUALTO has partnered with ATEME for automated encoder integration within the VUALTO CONTROL HUB (VCH) video orchestration tool, which allows for multiple origins and encoders to be integrated.
News categories: ATEME, VUALTO, Paul Marsden, James Burt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
Feb 13, 2020 – Arqiva has announced that its Hybrid TV Service has been selected by Scotland’s largest commercial broadcaster, STV, to launch its restart services across DTT and Freeview Play. The service launched on STV SD in December, and will now be replicated on the STV HD channel.
News categories: Arqiva, STV, Drew Hosie, Richard Williams, Digital TV, UK, UX
Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
Feb 12, 2020 – Movistar has launched a Voice Remote Control that allows customers to change channels, perform searches, request recommendations or carry out actions on Movistar+ content in a natural and simple way thanks to Aura, Telefónica’s virtual assistant.
News categories: Movistar, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, UX
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019