Digital TV News: TNO
SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
Jun 19, 2019 – The SaT5G project has announced the operation of a number of successful demonstrations of 5G over satellite at the 2019 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC 2019) in Valencia, Spain.
News categories: SaT5G, Mike Fitch, Indran Sivarajah, 5G, Content Distribution, Satellite, Spain, Worldwide
HbbTV Association publishes OpApp specification
Dec 19, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has announced that it has published its Operator Applications Specification. Building on HbbTV 2, the specification allows TV operators, in partnership with TV manufacturers, to provide an operator-branded experience as an application on TVs.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Klaus Illgner, Alberto Sigismondi, Rob Koenen, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Worldwide
VR Industry Forum to publish industry guidelines at CES
Dec 14, 2017 – The Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF) has announced the general availability of its first set of VR Industry Guidelines, which includes topics relevant for VR content production, distribution, security and consumption.
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, Rob Koenen, Christian Egeler, CES2020, VR, Worldwide
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2020, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBC 2016
Aug 23, 2016 – At IBC2016, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase the industry's first native UHD virtual reality demonstration in collaboration with TNO. Powered by TNO's HEVC tiling technology, the demo will enable participants to enjoy an immersive VR experience on head-mounted devices.
News categories: Harmonic, TNO, Bart Spriester, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBC2019, VR, Worldwide
New Partnership to Develop Cable Networks of the Future
Apr 2, 2008 – A European cable consortium has announced the launch of the ReDeâˆ«ign project which focuses on the development of technologies to extend the life expectancy of Hybrid Fibre Coax networks including a Next Generation HFC broadband architecture.
News categories: ReDeâˆ«ign, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019