Digital TV News: TNO
SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
Jun 19, 2019 – The SaT5G project has announced the operation of a number of successful demonstrations of 5G over satellite at the 2019 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC 2019) in Valencia, Spain.
News categories: SaT5G, Mike Fitch, Indran Sivarajah, 5G, Content Distribution, Satellite, Spain, Worldwide
HbbTV Association publishes OpApp specification
Dec 19, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has announced that it has published its Operator Applications Specification. Building on HbbTV 2, the specification allows TV operators, in partnership with TV manufacturers, to provide an operator-branded experience as an application on TVs.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Klaus Illgner, Alberto Sigismondi, Rob Koenen, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Worldwide
VR Industry Forum to publish industry guidelines at CES
Dec 14, 2017 – The Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF) has announced the general availability of its first set of VR Industry Guidelines, which includes topics relevant for VR content production, distribution, security and consumption.
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, Rob Koenen, Christian Egeler, CES, VR, Worldwide
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBC 2016
Aug 23, 2016 – At IBC2016, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase the industry's first native UHD virtual reality demonstration in collaboration with TNO. Powered by TNO's HEVC tiling technology, the demo will enable participants to enjoy an immersive VR experience on head-mounted devices.
News categories: Harmonic, TNO, Bart Spriester, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBC2019, VR, Worldwide
New Partnership to Develop Cable Networks of the Future
Apr 2, 2008 – A European cable consortium has announced the launch of the ReDeâˆ«ign project which focuses on the development of technologies to extend the life expectancy of Hybrid Fibre Coax networks including a Next Generation HFC broadband architecture.
News categories: ReDeâˆ«ign, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier