Digital TV News: TVPlayer
Synamedia appoints VP for Advanced Advertising and Data
Aug 27, 2019 – Synamedia has appointed Scott Kewley as VP Advanced Advertising and Data Products. Scott will lead Synamedia’s addressable advertising and data monetization business, building on the firm's collaboration with Sky on its AdSmart platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Scott Kewley, Jean-Marc Racine, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Simplestream delivers multiscreen upgrade for Law&Crime Network
Feb 25, 2019 – Law&Crime has turned to Simplestream to enhance the content delivery capabilities of its multiscreen service to better cater to providers and engage with new audiences. The partnership follows a recent expansion of Law&Crime across several new OTT distribution platforms.
News categories: Simplestream, Law&Crime, Dan Finch, Juan Miguel Bassalik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
UK is the most advanced connected TV advertising market in Europe
Sep 8, 2017 – SpotX has unveiled research into the connected TV advertising ecosystem in Europe. The analysis shows that the UK is the largest and most advanced market in Europe with an established connected TV advertising ecosystem.
News categories: SpotX, MTM, Leon Siotis, Nick Thomas, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK
SpotX fully acquired by RTL Group
Aug 30, 2017 – SpotX has announced that RTL Group will acquire all remaining shares in SpotX. The investment demonstrates RTL Group’s continued commitment to its ambitious ad tech strategy and recognition of SpotX’s impressive growth and execution of its strategic objectives.
News categories: SpotX, RTL Group, Mike Shehan, Steve Swoboda, Bert Habets, Guillaume de Posch, Advertising, MnA, USA, Worldwide
TVPlayer selects SpotX as video ad serving platform
Jul 17, 2017 – SpotX has been appointed as the ad serving infrastructure for TVPlayer across all their inventory, including connected TV, desktop and smartphones. Advertisers and their agencies can now target TVPlayer’s one million-strong UK audience using data-driven buying.
News categories: SpotX, TVPlayer, Leon Siotis, Rob Hodgkinson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Netgem launches ‘Watch with Twitter'
Nov 30, 2016 – Netgem has announced the launch of Watch on Twitter. The functionality has been incorporated into its #TelcoTV cloud platform. The service, which has seen its first launch on EE TV in the UK, enables viewers to see which shows are trending on Twitter.
News categories: Netgem, Sylvain Thevenot, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK, Worldwide
EE TV launches ‘Watch with Twitter’
Nov 15, 2016 – EE has unveiled a number of EE TV features as well as a partnership with Twitter. EE has partnered with Twitter to be the first UK TV platform to offer ‘Watch with Twitter’ functionality.
News categories: EE, Twitter, Noel Hamill, Dara Nasr, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK
UK's TVPlayer completes £5M investment round
Oct 3, 2016 – TVPlayer has completed a £5m investment round led by media content company, A+E Networks. TVPlayer is a freemium over-the-top TV service in the UK which offers the country’s free to air channels together with a pay TV bundle.
News categories: TVPlayer, A+E Networks, Adam Smith, Lewis Arthur, Dan Finch, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK, Venture Capital
SimpleStream to Launch OTT TV Platform in Q2 2012
Mar 21, 2012 – SimpleStream has announced that it is to launch it's own OTT consumer television platform called TVPlayer. SimpleStream will use its OTT technologies and CDN infrastructure to launch TVPlayer initially in the UK this summer.
News categories: SimpleStream, OTT, UK, Video Exchange
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019