Digital TV News: TVWorks
Freeview NZ Records Biggest Sales Month Since Launch
Feb 14, 2011 – The popularity of New Zealand's free-to-air digital television and radio service, Freeview, continues to increase following the biggest month of Freeview sales since the company began in 2007.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Charter turns to itaas for EBIF platform support
May 12, 2010 – itaas and Charter Communications (NASDAQ:CCMM) have announced an agreement that includes licensing, installation and support for the TVWorks ETV platform. The way is now paved for Charter to begin deployment across various digital set tops (STBs).
News categories: itaas, Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
itaas Develops EBIF Solution to Expand Availability of Interactive Platform
May 11, 2010 – itaas has announced that it has completed integration and development work with Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) on a user agent built on CableLabs' EBIF specification for use on Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) set-top boxes.
News categories: itaas, Comcast, Cisco Systems, TVWorks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
itaas announces testing of Digital-to-Analog (DTA) converters for set-top box system compliance
Mar 17, 2010 – itaas has announced a program for the testing and certification of DTA devices. Manufacturers of DTA devices are relying on itaas experience and comprehensive infrastructure to ensure compliance with industry standards.
News categories: itaas, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
itaas to license Comcast's TVWorks EBIF platform
Apr 1, 2009 – itaas and Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) have announced that they are working together to help cable operators quickly and reliably deploy a standard interactive television platform built on CableLabs®' EBIF specification.
News categories: itaas, Comcast, TVWorks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
TANDBERG Television MPEG-4 AVC to Power Delivery of New Zealand Digital Terrestrial TV
Dec 4, 2007 – TANDBERG Television has announced that Kordia™ and TVWorks have selected its industry leading digital terrestrial television (DTT) head-end system for the delivery of the Freeview New Zealand DTT service.
News categories: TANDBERG Television, Kordia, TVWorks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand Freeview launches with MHEG-5 Technology from S&T
Jun 19, 2007 – Strategy & Technology (S&T), specialists in interactive TV playout systems and MHEG-5 middleware, is pleased to confirm the successful launch of its EPG application on the new Freeview digital satellite service in New Zealand.
News categories: S&T, Freeview NZ, Broadcasting, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Satellite
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy