Digital TV News: Target
Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
Dec 5, 2019 – Samba TV has announced that it has expanded its integration with Moat by Oracle Data Cloud to measure viewability and invalid traffic across its CTV (Connected TV) impressions.
News categories: Samba TV, Oracle Moat, Marc Bourget, Mark Kopera, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
Dec 2, 2019 – Tru Optik has partnered with Anzu.io to make first and third-party data for enhanced audience targeting available for in-game advertising on gaming consoles. Leveraging such data, advertisers are able to engage with gaming consumers that are difficult to find on linear TV.
News categories: Tru Optik, Anzu.io, Andre Swanston, Itamar Benedy, Advertising, Big Data, Games Console, USA
DVB Targeted Advertising spec published
Nov 26, 2019 – DVB BlueBook A178-1 "Dynamic substitution of content in linear broadcast: interfacing an advert decisioning service and optimal preparation" is now available for download. It was approved at the recent meeting of DVB's Steering Board.
News categories: DVB Project, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
StackAdapt and SpotX partner for Connected TV in Canada
Nov 25, 2019 – StackAdapt and SpotX have announced a partnership focused on Connected TV (CTV) inventory and audiences, enabling advertisers to reach Canadian viewers of OTT content. Advertisers working with StackAdapt can now access premium inventory from more than 600 media owners.
News categories: SpotX, StackAdapt, Kelly McMahon, Michael Shang, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
Nov 21, 2019 – Deltatre has powered the launch of streaming service BritBox. BritBox chose Deltatre as its front-end and design partner, utilising 'AXIS', the company’s targeted UX management platform, to power the front-end of its streaming service.
News categories: Deltatre, BritBox, Ron Downey, Lee Marshall, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, UX
Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
Nov 20, 2019 – According to ABI Research, for superior user experience, especially in the live streaming segment, low latency streaming is becoming essential. The company forecasts that live video streaming is expected to grow at CAGR 10% to a 91 million subscriber base in 2024.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
Nov 20, 2019 – Amobee is to integrate LiveRamp’s (NYSE: RAMP) IdentityLink to enhance its Audience Segment Builder, a cross-screen targeting solution. Using LiveRamp’s identity graph, Amobee will enable marketers to buy inventory based on anonymous IDs to reach consumers across converged media.
News categories: Amobee, LiveRamp, Bryan Everett, Travis Clinger, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
Nov 20, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has prepared an update to its CI Plus Host software stack for TVs and Set Top Boxes. The latest release includes support for version 2.0 of the specification which targets new USB form factor Conditional Access Modules (CAMs).
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
Nov 13, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced that it will be showcasing its Smart Digital Platform at this year’s HbbTV Symposium and Awards in Athens. The solution is the first to be entirely compatible with both European HbbTV and U.S. ATSC 3.0 standards.
News categories: Fincons Group, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware