Digital TV News: Technavio
Technavio expects STB market CAGR of around 4% for 2018-2022
Jul 12, 2018 – The global set-top-box market is expected to post a CAGR of close to 4% during the period 2018-2022, according to Technavio. A key factor driving the growth of the market is the digitalization of cable networks.
News categories: Technavio, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IPTV market to grow at a CAGR of almost 16% to 2021
Jul 27, 2017 – Technavio analysts have forecast that the global IPTV market will grow at a CAGR of almost 16% during the period 2017-2021, as the percentage of the world's population with broadband internet access rises over the upcoming years.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Worldwide
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
UK smart home M2M market to grow at 24% CAGR through 2021
Jun 1, 2017 – Technavio has forecast that the smart home M2M market in the UK will grow at a CAGR of close to 24% over the next five years driven by increased installation of smart meters, a rise in the use of thermostats and adoption of cloud-based technologies.
News categories: Technavio, Abhishek Sharma, Market Research, Smart Home, UK
Top 3 trends impacting the CDN market through 2021
May 11, 2017 – Technavio’s latest market research report on the global content delivery network (CDN) market provides an analysis on the most important trends expected to impact the market outlook from 2017-2021.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Hybrid cloud technology to drive global Cloud DVR market
Jun 16, 2016 – According to Technavio, the global cloud direct video recorder (DVR) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 30% until 2020. In 2015, the satellite cloud DVR market was valued at USD 560.7 million.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Worldwide
DVR STB sales to surpass 179 million units by 2020
Mar 4, 2016 – According to Technavio, global in-built set-top boxes market sales will likely surpass 179 million units by 2020. The market size has been calculated based on the revenue generated from unit sales of STBs equipped with digital video recording (DVR) technology.
News categories: Technavio, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IPTV market in Korea to exceed $7 billion by 2020
Mar 3, 2016 – Technavio analysts expect the IPTV market in South Korea to exceed USD 7 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of over 11%, according to their latest report.
News categories: Technavio, Soumya Mutsuddi, IPTV, Korea, Market Research
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers