Digital TV News: Technavio
Technavio expects STB market CAGR of around 4% for 2018-2022
Jul 12, 2018 – The global set-top-box market is expected to post a CAGR of close to 4% during the period 2018-2022, according to Technavio. A key factor driving the growth of the market is the digitalization of cable networks.
News categories: Technavio, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IPTV market to grow at a CAGR of almost 16% to 2021
Jul 27, 2017 – Technavio analysts have forecast that the global IPTV market will grow at a CAGR of almost 16% during the period 2017-2021, as the percentage of the world's population with broadband internet access rises over the upcoming years.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Worldwide
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
UK smart home M2M market to grow at 24% CAGR through 2021
Jun 1, 2017 – Technavio has forecast that the smart home M2M market in the UK will grow at a CAGR of close to 24% over the next five years driven by increased installation of smart meters, a rise in the use of thermostats and adoption of cloud-based technologies.
News categories: Technavio, Abhishek Sharma, Market Research, Smart Home, UK
Top 3 trends impacting the CDN market through 2021
May 11, 2017 – Technavio’s latest market research report on the global content delivery network (CDN) market provides an analysis on the most important trends expected to impact the market outlook from 2017-2021.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Hybrid cloud technology to drive global Cloud DVR market
Jun 16, 2016 – According to Technavio, the global cloud direct video recorder (DVR) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 30% until 2020. In 2015, the satellite cloud DVR market was valued at USD 560.7 million.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Worldwide
DVR STB sales to surpass 179 million units by 2020
Mar 4, 2016 – According to Technavio, global in-built set-top boxes market sales will likely surpass 179 million units by 2020. The market size has been calculated based on the revenue generated from unit sales of STBs equipped with digital video recording (DVR) technology.
News categories: Technavio, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IPTV market in Korea to exceed $7 billion by 2020
Mar 3, 2016 – Technavio analysts expect the IPTV market in South Korea to exceed USD 7 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of over 11%, according to their latest report.
News categories: Technavio, Soumya Mutsuddi, IPTV, Korea, Market Research
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019