Digital TV News: Tele Columbus
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
Tele Columbus and M7 extend pay TV cooperation
May 30, 2017 – Tele Columbus and M7 Group have extended their cooperation for the contribution of German and international pay TV channels. As part of this cooperation Tele Columbus and M7 also consolidated the existing contracts with the Tele Columbus subsidiaries primacom and pepcom.
News categories: Tele Columbus, M7 Group, Frank Posnanski, Martijn van Hout, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
Tele Columbus deploys Metrological's Application Platform
Jan 26, 2017 – Tele Columbus is deploying Metrological's Application Platform to provide an integrated OTT app experience as part of its recently launched advanceTV entertainment offering. advanceTV is Tele Columbus' next-generation multi-screen video experience.
News categories: Metrological, Tele Columbus, Thijs Bijleveld, Stefan Beberweil, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Tele Columbus launches advanceTV in Germany
Jan 18, 2017 – Espial has announced that Tele Columbus advanceTV has commercially launched for German consumers. With the launch, Tele Columbus is poised to accelerate subscriber growth with a personalized and converged video experience.
News categories: Espial, Tele Columbus, Jaison Dolvane, Cable TV, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
EU cable TV continues to grow despite OTT competition
Dec 19, 2016 – The cable industry in the European Union has continued to grow amidst increasing competition from traditional and Over-The-Top (OTT) players, according to a report released by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Espial and RDK power advanceTV from Tele Columbus
Dec 5, 2016 – Espial and Tele Columbus have announced next January for availability of advanceTV, a 4K hybrid IP video service. advanceTV provides a combined TV and mobile-device experience including integration of maxdome SVOD services.
News categories: Espial, Tele Columbus, RDK Management, Jaison Dolvane, Ronny Verhelst, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Tele Columbus announces advanceTV
Dec 5, 2016 – Tele Columbus will launch its advanceTV product on 16 January 2017. advanceTV combines linear TV, video content from the Internet, personal recordings, maxdome flat-rate and Hollywood blockbusters on-demand.
News categories: Tele Columbus, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA