Digital TV News: Telecine
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Telecine deploys MediaMelon OTT streaming optimization platform
Apr 22, 2020 – MediaMelon has announced that Telecine SVOD cinema hub has deployed its SmartPlay OTT streaming optimization platform to deliver a better video QoE with lower content delivery costs despite an unprecedented surge in new subscribers and viewing hours.
News categories: MediaMelon, Telecine, Kumar Subramanian, Fabio Lima, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
Argentina's Supercanal chooses TiVo Cubiware middleware
Sep 11, 2015 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that they have been selected by Supercanal, Argentina's leading MSO, to provide Middleware for Supercanal's digitalization project along with local partner, Bold as integrator and VOD service provider.
News categories: Cubiware, Bold, Supercanal, Jakub Gorski, Ariel R Droyeski, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware
Brazil's Oi to add TV Everywhere to quad-play service
Aug 11, 2015 – According to NexTVLatam, Oi, the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, has announced plans to add a TV Everywhere service to its Oi Play platform. Oi Play is a quad play service combining broadband, mobile and telephony with DTH satellite TV.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Oi TV of Brazil adds 121 thousand subscribers in 4Q09
Mar 15, 2010 – Telemar Norte Leste (Bovespa: TMAR3, TMAR5 and TMAR6) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2009. Oi TV subscribers reached 234 thousand at the end of the year, increasing by 121 thousand from 3Q09 and 173 thousand in the whole of 2009.
News categories: Oi TV, Brazil, Cable TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
ViewCast Streaming Media Appliance Supports H.264 Streaming to Adobe Flash
Aug 12, 2009 – ViewCast (OTC: VCST) has unveiled the Niagara® 2120, a low-cost, easy to use streaming media appliance that supports H.264 streaming via the Adobe® Flash® platform.
News categories: ViewCast, Adobe, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT
Magnum Semiconductor Announces Industry's First Family of Universal Media Processors with Superior Quality for all Broadcast Applications
Apr 2, 2009 – Magnum Semiconductor has announced its DXTPro family of multi-core media processors for multi-format, multi-resolution encoding, decoding and transcoding. The DXTPro provides a single platform for all segments of the broadcast chain.
News categories: Magnum Semi, ICs, Semiconductor
Embratel launches satellite pay-TV
Dec 16, 2008 – Embratel (BMV: TELINT; NYSE: TII; LATIBEX: XTII) has announced the launch of its Via Embratel DTH service in Brazil. Via Embratel uses MPEG-4 compression and DVB-S2 satellite transmission.
News categories: Embratel, Via, Brazil, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5