Digital TV News: Telekom Malaysia
Netflix to be available through Telekom Malaysia
Aug 8, 2017 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) will be offering its customers access to Netflix from October 2017. TM customers who subscribe to the service will become Netflix members and will be able to enjoy unlimited viewing of content.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Netflix, Jeremy Kung, Tony Zameczkowski, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
PCCW Media's Viu TV expands to India and Malaysia
Mar 4, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has launched Viu OTT mobile video entertainment service in India and Malaysia. Offered as a freemium service, Viu provides viewers in both markets with free access to thousands of hours of premium content for local users.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia launches HyppTV Everywhere mobile app
Jan 14, 2015 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) has enhanced its offering by making its IPTV service, HyppTV, available to all members of the public via its HyppTV Everywhere mobile app. The feature gives customers access to HyppTV over non-TM broadband networks.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Emily Wee, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Mobile, TV Everywhere
MYTV signs deal with Telekom Malaysia for DTT infrastructure
Nov 18, 2014 – MYTV Broadcasting and Telekom Malaysia (TM) have announced that they have signed an agreement for the provision of infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television (DTT) services in Malaysia.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Malaysia to launch High Speed Broadband Service on March 24, 2010
Mar 10, 2010 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) is set to launch its next-generation High Speed Broadband (HSBB) retail service on 24 March 2010. The HSBB retail packages will comprise triple-play services of voice, video (IPTV and Video on Demand), and high speed Internet.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Factum Electronics delivers DAB+ and T-DMB solution to Malaysia
Jun 15, 2009 – Factum Electronics (OMX: EFFN) has announced that it has won a contract for the supply of a DAB+ (digital radio) and T-DMB (mobile TV) head-end solution to a state-owned broadcaster in Malaysia.
News categories: Factum Electronics, Content Distribution, Malaysia, Mobile
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software