Digital TV News: Telekom Malaysia
Netflix to be available through Telekom Malaysia
Aug 8, 2017 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) will be offering its customers access to Netflix from October 2017. TM customers who subscribe to the service will become Netflix members and will be able to enjoy unlimited viewing of content.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Netflix, Jeremy Kung, Tony Zameczkowski, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
PCCW Media's Viu TV expands to India and Malaysia
Mar 4, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has launched Viu OTT mobile video entertainment service in India and Malaysia. Offered as a freemium service, Viu provides viewers in both markets with free access to thousands of hours of premium content for local users.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia launches HyppTV Everywhere mobile app
Jan 14, 2015 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) has enhanced its offering by making its IPTV service, HyppTV, available to all members of the public via its HyppTV Everywhere mobile app. The feature gives customers access to HyppTV over non-TM broadband networks.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Emily Wee, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Mobile, TV Everywhere
MYTV signs deal with Telekom Malaysia for DTT infrastructure
Nov 18, 2014 – MYTV Broadcasting and Telekom Malaysia (TM) have announced that they have signed an agreement for the provision of infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television (DTT) services in Malaysia.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Malaysia to launch High Speed Broadband Service on March 24, 2010
Mar 10, 2010 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) is set to launch its next-generation High Speed Broadband (HSBB) retail service on 24 March 2010. The HSBB retail packages will comprise triple-play services of voice, video (IPTV and Video on Demand), and high speed Internet.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Factum Electronics delivers DAB+ and T-DMB solution to Malaysia
Jun 15, 2009 – Factum Electronics (OMX: EFFN) has announced that it has won a contract for the supply of a DAB+ (digital radio) and T-DMB (mobile TV) head-end solution to a state-owned broadcaster in Malaysia.
News categories: Factum Electronics, Content Distribution, Malaysia, Mobile
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks