Digital TV News: Telenet
Pace plc: Preliminary Results for the year ended 31 December 2012
Mar 5, 2013 – Pace plc (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2012. STB and Media Server revenues were up 2.9% to $1,826.0m in 2012, driven largely by the high demand for Media Servers in H2 for both DIRECTV's Genie™ Advanced Whole-Home HD DVR and the XG1 for Comcast's new X1 service.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telenet digital cable TV subscribers up 218,000 in 2012
Feb 11, 2013 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has announces results for the year ended December 31, 2012. For the full year 2012, Telenet added 217,700 net digital TV subscribers. In the course of Q1 2013, the company will start deploying its Horizon-based 'YeloTV' next-generation digital TV platform.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Telenet to close INDI digital TV service
Oct 22, 2012 – Belgium's Telenet has announced that from November 26th it will begin phased withdrawal of the INDI digital TV service that it acquired with the purchase of Interkabel in October 2008. Closure will be completed by December 3rd.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
Telenet shows preview of Horizon-based Yelo TV
Oct 17, 2012 – Belgium's Telenet has presented 'Yelo TV' in a sneak preview. With Yelo TV, Telenet unites digital TV with the Yelo application. The customer can then watch his favourite content on any screen in the house using a single service.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Pace and ThinkAnalytics Team on Intelligent Navigation and Content Recommendation
Sep 5, 2012 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine has been integrated with Cobalt Media Head End and software from Pace (LSE: PIC).
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Pace plc, Content Distribution, Middleware
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it's possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
ThinkAnalytics™ Brings Intelligent Navigation to More Than 70 Million Subscribers
Jun 28, 2012 – ThinkAnalytics™ has announced that it has surpassed 70 million licensed viewers across 16 countries. Twenty service providers rely on ThinkAnalytics technology to deliver search and recommendations from live TV, EPG, VOD, social media and OTT content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Content Distribution, Market Research, Middleware
Telenet to launch Teletenne DTT in Belgium
Jun 21, 2012 – Belgium's Telenet has announced the launch of Teletenne. With an aerial and a special decoder, customers in Flanders and Brussels will be able to watch TV with superior picture and sound quality, even where a cable connection is difficult or impossible.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Latens Titanium Secures Belgian Cable TV Provider Telenet
Jun 12, 2012 – Latens (LSE: PIC) has announced that Telenet (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has chosen Latens Titanium software CAS. Telenet is rolling out the software across its customer base and has deployed over 400,000 STBs featuring Latens Titanium to date.
News categories: Latens, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024