Digital TV News: Telsey
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Croatia's Optima Telekom chooses end-to-end solution from SmartLabs
Sep 11, 2014 – SmartLabs has announced that, in partnership with Optima Telekom, it has upgraded Optima's OptiTV service with an end-to-end SmartLabs Interactive TV Solution. More than 20 companies took part in the Optima Telekom tender process.
News categories: SmartLabs, Optima Telekom, Mikhail Grachev, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 – Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Home network market up as new devices create 'digital homes' and allow media sharing
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released its new quarterly Home Networking Devices market forecast report. Pace (LSE: PIC), which recently acquired 2Wire, now leads the residential gateway market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
SecureMedia CA/DRM integrated with TVBLOB's BLOBbox
May 12, 2009 – SecureMedia and TVBLOB have announced that TVBLOB's TV-centric development platform and hybrid internet set-top boxes (BLOBbox), that bring the power of the Web directly to TV is protected by SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System CA/DRM.
News categories: TVBLOB, SecureMedia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5