Digital TV News: Thales
Arianespace orbits Arabsat-6B and GSAT-15
Nov 11, 2015 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: Arabsat-6B (BADR-7) for the operator Arabsat, and GSAT-15 for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). The company's tenth launch of the year took place on November 10 in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Arianespace, Arabsat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Satellite
Express AM8 successfully launched
Sep 15, 2015 – The Express AM8 satellite has been successfully launched. Operated by Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) from an orbital slot at 14°W, Express AM8 services will include broadcasting of digital television and radio.
News categories: Thales Alenia Space, RSCC, ISS Reshetnev, Jean-Loïc Galle, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Middle-East, Russia, Satellite
EUTELSAT 8 West B successfully launched
Aug 21, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite has been successfully launched into orbit by an Ariane 5 rocket. EUTELSAT 8 West B will enter full commercial service in early October.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
CNES contracts with ST for satellite broadband chipset
Oct 1, 2014 – CNES has signed a contract with STMicroelectronics to develop the ASTRAGAN chipset, which aims to bring satellite fast broadband to users everywhere, including in areas outside those covered by terrestrial fixed and mobile broadband networks.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CNES, Thales, Broadband, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Europe, France, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
iSat Africa takes capacity on Yamal-402 satellite for Central Africa
Sep 22, 2014 – Gazprom Space Systems (GSS) has announced that iSAT Africa, a subsidiary of Wananchi, has contracted to use capacity on its Yamal-402 satellite for the provision of services in the Democratic Republic of Congo and other Central African countries.
News categories: Gazprom Space Systems, iSAT Africa, Dmitriy Sevastiyanov, Santosh Sakpal, Africa, Content Distribution, DRC, Satellite
RSCC and Eutelsat Partner on Roadmap for Satellite in Russia
Nov 1, 2012 – RSCC (the Russian Satellite Communication Company) and Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) have announced an agreement whereby Eutelsat will lease capacity for broadcasting and IP services on two RSCC satellites to be launched in 2013 and 2015.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Content Distribution, Russia, Satellite
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
SES ASTRA and Yahsat Start Middle-East Satellite Company
Apr 20, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Al Yah Satellite Communications (Yahsat) to offer DTH television capacity and services to the Middle East, North Africa and South West Asia.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Yahsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Solaris Mobile satellite W2A successfully launched
Apr 6, 2009 – The satellite carrying Europe's first S-band payload - operated by Solaris Mobile - has been successfully launched. Solaris Mobile aims to provide fully digital mobile video, navigation and emergency assistance services to European operators.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, Satellite
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020