Digital TV News: Time Warner
WarnerMedia Asia Pacific chooses Synamedia content delivery solution
Jul 25, 2019 – WarnerMedia Asia Pacific has chosen Synamedia for its satellite content delivery system. Synamedia technologies will reduce bandwidth costs, deliver next-generation security, and prepare the company’s satellite system for future IP delivery innovations.
News categories: Synamedia, WarnerMedia, Julien Signes, Luis Esparza, Gustavo Fracassi, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier
Jul 9, 2019 – There has been speculation that Netflix will introduce an ad-based tier. According to TDG, a third of Netflix users would consider changing to such a less-expensive option, with more than half of those moderately likely to or definitely would switch.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
Jun 18, 2019 – AsiaSat has been selected by WarnerMedia as its partner for the distribution of the regional HD services of CNN International, Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Warner TV, as well as HBO HD in South Asia, via AsiaSat 7 in the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Turner, WarnerMedia, Ina Lui, James Crossland, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
IMDb TV triples content selection and plans European expansion
Jun 17, 2019 – IMDb has announced that its free streaming video channel, IMDb TV, has plans to triple its content selection through deals with Warner Bros., Sony Pictures Entertainment, MGM Studios and others. Additionally, IMDb TV will launch in Europe later this year.
News categories: IMDb, Mark Eamer, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
Mobile time surpasses TV time in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2019 – This year, for the first time, US adults will spend more time using their mobile devices than they will spend watching TV, with smartphone use dominating mobile time, according to eMarketer.
News categories: eMarketer, Yoram Wurmser, Eric Haggstrom, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA
Xandr Community brings together advertisers, publishers, and consumers
May 14, 2019 – Xandr, AT&T's advertising and analytics company, has announced the formation of Community, a curated marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale in a brand-safe, privacy-protected, premium video environment.
News categories: Xandr, Brian Lesser, Donna Speciale, Henry Embleton, Mark Rotblat, Reed Barker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
Apr 18, 2019 – SVoD continues to resonate with consumers across the globe. A report from Futuresource Consulting reveals that SVoD already reaches more than 60% of households in North America, 26% in Western Europe, 21% in Asia-Pacific and 19% in LATAM.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Encoding.com to show broadcast and OTT Cloud media processing at NAB 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – Encoding.com will announce at this year's NAB Show support for Apple ProRes encoding, Dolby Vision HDR transcoding, Nielsen CPVOD watermarking and ultra-fast processing for large video files via its proprietary chunk parallel processing technology.
News categories: Encoding.com, Jeff Malkin, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient