Digital TV News: TotalPlay
Totalplay to deploy MediaKind's Encoding Live video processing
Sep 13, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that Totalplay will deploy its Encoding Live video processing solution to support a smooth migration to the cloud and enable the delivery of its IPTV pay-TV content in Mexico.
News categories: MediaKind, Totalplay, Clayton Cruz, Julio Trejo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Mexico
ZTE to deliver STBs to TotalPlay based on Netgem middleware
May 3, 2017 – Netgem has announces the signature of a software agreement with ZTE for the delivery of complete TV solutions to Telecom operators in Latin America. The partnership starts in Mexico with TotalPlay.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, TotalPlay, Joseph Haddad, William Tan, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Totalplay selects ATEME virtual encoding for its converged headend
Apr 26, 2017 – ATEME has announced that Totalplay, triple play operator affiliate of Mexican multimedia conglomerate Grupo Salinas, has selected ATEME’s TITAN virtual encoding solution for its converged headend.
News categories: ATEME, Totalplay, Robert Oaxaca, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Totalplay selects Verimatrix security for next generation services
Sep 10, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Totalplay has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) platform to align with its network upgrade roadmap, which includes securing its On Demand service and supporting its IPTV and 4K/HEVC expansion plans.
News categories: Verimatrix, Totalplay, Steve Oetegenn, Victor Teuhtli Estrada, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Mexico, Set Top Box
Mexico's Totalplay adds 4K and Netflix via an ultra HD PVR from Sagemcom
Sep 14, 2015 – Totalplay is the first carrier in Latin America to offer 4K TV to its customers, thanks to an ultra HD PVR designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The 4K PVR is built around a BCM7252S digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Totalplay, Broadcom, Olivier Taravel, Eduardo Kuri Romo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Mexico, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Mexico leads Latin America's VOD OTT market
Sep 7, 2015 – Dataxis has forecast that Mexico will reach 5 million VOD OTT subscribers by end 2015, largely surpassing Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Mexico has the most developed IP and TV everywhere multiscreen television platforms and the highest investment of the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Netflix released on the Netgem Platform
Jul 8, 2015 – Netgem has announced a major content upgrade to its Internet TV platform with the addition of Netflix. The new service is already available in Finland with Elisa TV, and Totalplay in Mexico, for an initial reach of over 400,000 subscribers.
News categories: Netgem, Netflix, Elisa, Totalplay, Joseph Haddad, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box
Totalplay Selects Envivio for Live IPTV and VOD Service
Feb 20, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that Totalplay Telecomunicaciones, a cable and IPTV service provider in Mexico, has deployed Envivio Muse™ encoders for its live and on-demand video services. Totalplay is a subsidiary of Grupo Salinas.
News categories: Envivio, Totalplay, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico
Sezmi Selects Netgem Technologies to Extend its Multi-Screen TV Platform
Jun 7, 2011 – Sezmi Corporation and Netgem have announced a partnership to include Netgem's set-top-box technology as part of Sezmi's TV offering. The first customer deployment resulting from this collaboration is Mexico's Grupo Iusacell.
News categories: Netgem, Sezmi, Iusacell, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Mobile, Set Top Box
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months