Digital TV News: Travelxp 4K
A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
Dec 3, 2019 – A1 Bulgaria has launched A1 Xplore TV, an advanced turnkey TV solution powered by Zappware. A1 Xplore TV users will be able to find content through Zappware's Nexx 4.0 user experience, and enjoy their favorite content on web and app with A1 Xplore TV GO.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Bulgaria, Patrick Vos, Simeon Donev, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TELUS first in Canada with 24/7 linear 4K HDR channel
Aug 9, 2018 – TELUS has announced the debut of Travelxp 4K HDR, a global travel and lifestyle channel, marking the first time a network broadcasting 24/7 in 4K HDR is available in Canada.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
MEASAT, NovelSat and V-Nova show next generation UHD compression
Jun 25, 2018 – MEASAT has announced a showcase in collaboration with NovelSat and V-Nova to demonstrate cutting-edge compression for Ultra High Definition (UHD) primary distribution over satellite.
News categories: MEASAT, NovelSat, V-Nova, Raj Malik, Ronen Sadan, Guido Meardi, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Travelxp, world’s first 4K HDR channel, launches on HOTBIRD
Sep 28, 2017 – Eutelsat has announced the launch in Europe on 1 October of Travelxp 4K on HOTBIRD. Travelxp 4K, the world’s first 4K HDR channel, will use HOTBIRD’s penetration into cable and IPTV networks across Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Travelxp 4K, Prashant Chothani, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Cable’s first live PPV sports event in Ultra HD delivered by iN DEMAND with SES
Jun 29, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced the successful delivery of iN DEMAND and cable’s first 4K live Pay-Per-View (PPV) sports event broadcast, Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs Silva Mixed Martial Arts, over the SES Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES, iN DEMAND, Steve Corda, John Schultz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles