Digital TV News: TrendForce
TV panel shipments projected to drop 7.1% YoY in Q2
Apr 16, 2020 – According to TrendForce, TV panel shipments were up 16.4% month-on-month in March. In Q2 2020, factors influencing the TV panel industry will shift towards the demand side of the TV market.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Pandemic-induced decline in display driver IC demand temporarily alleviates tight supply
Apr 13, 2020 – According to TrendForce, disappointing 1Q20 shipments by panel manufacturers, combined with continued acceleration of the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe and the U.S., resulted in a reduction of proposed TV panel purchases in 2Q20 by several major TV brands.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
Mar 27, 2020 – In Q1 2020, the TV industry was under pressure both on the production and demand sides. TrendForce has reduced its expectation of global shipments for Q1 2020 to 44.6 million units, down by 8.6% from the pre-COVID-19 prediction.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
Mar 24, 2020 – According to TrendForce, monthly TV panel shipments decreased by 3.5% MoM in February, reaching 20.073 million units. The COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on labor, logistics, and material supply remains a gradual process.
News categories: TrendForce, China, COVID-19, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
LED ultra-fine pitch display market to reach 58% CAGR in 2019-2023
Dec 27, 2019 – According to TrendForce, the demand for displays with high resolution and HDR capabilities has skyrocketed. The LED fine pitch display market is expected to have a CAGR of 27% over the 2019-2023 period, with ultra-fine pitch displays growing even faster at a CAGR of 58%.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
2019 flat-panel display driver IC shipments exhibit negative growth
Oct 29, 2019 – According to WitsView, reduced panel shipments are causing the demand for flat-panel display driver ICs to undergo a corresponding decline. 2019 YoY growth is projected to be -3.2% - the first instance of negative growth in recent years.
News categories: TrendForce, Julian Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
Jul 11, 2019 – According to WitsView, prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels are unlikely to stop falling in 3Q19, mainly due to the trade war that raged on in 2Q. Some LCD brands have already stocked up beforehand and there are raised inventory levels of completed devices in North America.
News categories: TrendForce, Anita Wang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system