Digital TV News: TrueVisions
TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
Jan 15, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its partnership with TrueVisions. As part of the new contract, Synamedia VideoGuard will protect TrueVisions’ live sports, news, entertainment and other premium content.
News categories: Synamedia, TrueVisions, Sue Couto, Dr. Jen, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8
Jan 14, 2019 – Thaicom (THCOM) has announced that True Visions has signed a transponder capacity contract for its pay TV service in Thailand. True Visions has retained Ku-band transponders on the new Thaicom-8 satellite.
News categories: Thaicom, TrueVisions, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Thailand
Alticast helps deliver Thailand’s first 4K UHD channel
Jul 31, 2018 – Alticast has announced that its software platform, AltiPlatform, was instrumental in launching Thailand’s first 4K UHD channel with TrueVisions. The service, capable of transmitting UHD for both cable and DTH, rolled out on June 24.
News categories: Alticast, TrueVisions, Dosa Park, Sueksith Cholasuek, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
TrueVisions chooses ContentWise for multiscreen personalization
Jun 3, 2015 – ContentWise has announced that it has been selected by TrueVisions to power personalization for its multiscreen offering in Thailand. Working with system integrator, Golden Duck, ContentWise will deliver personal user experiences for the TrueVisions VOD service.
News categories: ContentWise, TrueVisions, Golden Duck, Paolo Bozzola, Nantanee Wongumnitkul, Cable TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Satellite, Thailand
TrueVisions offers subscription-free satellite TV STB
Jan 16, 2015 – Thailand's TrueVisions has launched a new set-top box capable of receiving up to 200 subscription-free satellite TV channels. The True Digital HD box is suitable for both Ku-band and C-band reception, and can support screen resolutions up to 1080i.
News categories: True Corp, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Thailand's TrueVisions selects MStar HD STB chipset
Dec 30, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that its MPEG-4 HD Set-Top-Box chipset has been selected by TrueVisions, Thailand's largest provider of subscription-based television serving through CATV and DSTV systems.
News categories: MStar Semi, TrueVisions, Dennis Lai, Vichai Sernvongsat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Thailand
TrueVisions subscribers down 17,000 in 1Q 2014
May 15, 2014 – True Corporation PLC has released results for the first quarter of 2014. TrueVisions’ customer base was 2.354 million at the end of 1Q14, down from 2.371 million at the end of 2013.
News categories: True Corp, Cable TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Thailand
Elemental video processing powers service expansion for TrueVisions
Feb 17, 2014 – Elemental Technologies has announced that TrueVisions, Thailand’s pay TV leader and one of the largest cable operators in South Asia, is enlarging its Elemental installation to power the expansion of its HD and multiscreen services.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, TrueVisions, Vichai Sernvongsat, David Godfrey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, Thailand, TV Everywhere
TrueVisions passes the 2 million customer mark in Thailand
Feb 27, 2013 – Thailand's True Corporation has released results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012. TrueVisions subscribers rose to 2.04 million (from 1.64 million at the end of 2011) with a strong pickup in premium subscriptions and free-to--air customers.
News categories: True Corp, Cable TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Thailand
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers