Digital TV News: Turk Telekom
Turk Telekom selects Alticast's AltiPlatform-WEB middleware
Apr 29, 2019 – Alticast has announced that Turk Telekom has selected Alticast's AltiPlatform - Web middleware to serve as their next-generation, interactive viewing platform that will enable OTT services and web-based applications.
News categories: Alticast, Turk Telekom, Brian Koo, Umit Onal, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey
beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
Jan 21, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues for 20 MENA countries fell by 11% between 2016 and 2018 to just under $3 billion. Given the hangover from the beIN ban and falling ARPUs, revenues in 2024 will still be lower than in 2016.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
Türk Telekom adds 76,000 Tivibu TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 26, 2016 – Türk Telekom has announced its results for the second quarter of 2016. Subscribers to the company's Tivibu Home IPTV and DTH TV services increased by 76,000 in the quarter to finish at 544,000.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
PCCW and Türk Telekom to explore joint business opportunities
May 4, 2016 – PCCW Global and Türk Telekom International (TTI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore service portfolio and geographic synergies between the two telecommunications companies.
News categories: PCCW Global, Türk Telekom, Marc Halbfinger, Cengiz Oztelcan, Cable TV, IPTV, Turkey
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 21, 2014 – Türk Telekom has announced 2014 second quarter results. Türk Telekom's Tivibu service ended with 1.9 million TV subscribers, up 1.3% in the quarter. Of the total, the number of IPTV subscribers was 302,000, down 6,000 quarter-on-quarter.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Results, Subscribers, Turkey
SeaChange powers TTNET IPTV in Turkey
May 9, 2011 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced details of its role in TTNET’s nationwide IPTV service, Tivibu Ev (Tivibu Home), part of its multi-screen video service that is currently available in 30 cities across Turkey.
News categories: SeaChange, TTNET, Yvette Kanouff, Tahsin Yılmaz, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Turkey
Turkey - IP TV and Web TV-Testing Started
Jul 21, 2010 – IPTV will reach the Turkish consumer via Türk Telekom. A business partnership with the leadership of SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has won the tender of the project, which had been initiated by Türk Telekom for the infrastructure of IPTV.
News categories: Türk Telekom, SeaChange International, Envivio, Content Distribution, IPTV, Turkey
Verimatrix Secures Türk Telekom's IPTV Service
Sep 3, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced that Türk Telekom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV for its highly anticipated IPTV rollout.
News categories: Verimatrix, Türk Telekom, Birtel, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Turkey
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent