Digital TV News: Turkcell
Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
Sep 14, 2019 – Witbe has been selected by Turkcell to automate the analysis and testing of their main end-user digital services such as BiP, TV+, Fizy and many others. Witbe will also cover the automation testing of Turkcell's own and third party set-top-boxes.
News categories: Witbe, Turkcell, Mathieu Planche, Elif Yenihan Kaya, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Turkey, UX
Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
Jun 11, 2019 – Rapid early momentum and enthusiasm for 5G has led Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) to forecast an extra 400 million enhanced mobile broadband subscriptions globally by the end of 2024. The company now forecasts 1.9 billion 5G subscriptions – up from 1.5 billion forecast in November 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
MENA SVOD revenues to triple
Jan 28, 2019 – MENA SVOD revenues will reach $2.13 billion by 2024; or $1.51 billion more than the 2018 total. SVOD revenues will more than triple between 2018 and 2024, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
Dec 12, 2018 – Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) (BIST:TCELL) has chosen Metrological to deliver the integrated Turkcell TV App Store, available to all Turkcell TV+ subscribers. Turkcell will have a unique TV App Store personalized for their TV+ subscribers across Turkey.
News categories: Metrological, Turkcell, Thijs Bijleveld, Baris Zavaroglu, Apps, Digital TV, Turkey
Ericsson and Turkcell demonstrate live sports streaming over LTE Broadcast
May 17, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Turkcell have delivered the first immersive live streaming mobile experience over LTE Broadcast in Turkey. This took place during a derby between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray Odeabank, two of Istanbul's biggest basketball teams.
News categories: Ericsson, Turkcell, Rafiah Ibrahim, Ilker Kuruoz, 5G, Content Distribution, Turkey
Amino to provide STBs for Turkcell Superonline IPTV services
Nov 10, 2014 – Amino has announced that it has secured a contract from Turkcell to provide its Live Advanced Media Platform for the rollout of IPTV services. The operator has begun rolling out its Turkcell TV+ service as part of an enhanced 'tripleplay' multiscreen offering.
News categories: Amino, Turkcell, Superonline, Donald McGarva, Murat Erkan, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Turkey
Turkcell TV+ set-top box launches in Turkey
Oct 17, 2014 – Turkcell (NYSE: TKC, BIST: TCELL) has announced that Turkcell TV+, which was previously offered only on mobile devices and computers, will now be available on television sets.
News categories: Turkcell, Sureyya Ciliv, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019