Digital TV News: UTStarcom
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 – According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
UTStarcom Announces Launch of iTV Media Venture in Thailand
Oct 15, 2012 – UTStarcom (NASDAQ: UTSI) has announced that its partner, iTV Media has begun deploying its MeTV IPTV service in Thailand through a strategic partnership with a leading national telecommunications services provider in Thailand.
News categories: UTStarcom, MeTV, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
Big Year for Multi-Screen TV
Jul 31, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recent reports. The first tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers. The second tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes and OTT media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
UTStarcom Wins Sri Lanka Telecom IPTV Expansion Contact
Jun 14, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won a contract from Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) to supply set-top boxes for the telecom operator's IPTV system expansion. The boxes will enable SLT to provide a number of interactive media services.
News categories: UTStarcom, Sri Lanka Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
UTStarcom Wins IPTV Broadcasting Control Platform Contract in Hainan
May 10, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has been awarded a contract from Hainan Network Television (HNWTV) to build an IPTV broadcasting control platform. The platform will support the content management and distribution needs of IPTV, Internet TV and mobile TV.
News categories: UTStarcom, China, Content Distribution, IPTV
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVR, Home Server, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
UTStarcom Signs IPTV Broadcasting Control Platform Contract in Chongqing
Apr 12, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won a contract from Chongqing Radio and Television to build an IPTV broadcasting control platform. Chongqing is the first of the 42 trial cities to award a contract to an IPTV solution provider.
News categories: UTStarcom, Chongqing Radio and Television, China, Content Distribution, IPTV
UTStarcom Wins Two China Telecom Provincial IPTV Network Expansion Contracts
Feb 10, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won two new contracts to support IPTV network expansion with Fujian Telecom and Zhejiang Telecom, provincial subsidiaries of China Telecom (NYSE: CHA; Hong Kong:0728).
News categories: UTStarcom, China Telecom, China, Content Distribution, IPTV
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia