Digital TV News: Unified Streaming
Digiturk selects Unified Streaming to consolidate video delivery
Jan 24, 2019 – Digiturk has chosen Unified Streaming to support its newly consolidated video-streaming environment. Features will include support of a multi-CDN and multi-DRM strategy and the integration of an efficient, user-friendly nPVR.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Digiturk, Simon Westbroek, Hatice Memigüven, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Turkey
castLabs deploys multi-DRM license delivery at M6 Group
Jul 11, 2018 – castLabs has announced the deployment of multi-DRM license delivery network technology at M6 Group across its VoD and live streaming digital platform 6play. Adopting HTML5 playback, M6 Group sought a proven solution to simplify the task of DRM licensing across all screens.
News categories: castLabs, M6 Group, Michael Stattmann, Valéry Gerfaud, Digital TV, DRM, France, HTML5, Mobile, OTT
Sixty partners with Unified Streaming
Sep 11, 2017 – Sixty has announced a partnership with Unified Streaming to enable operators to provide Ease Live powered rich and deep interactive cross platform streaming services. Unified Streaming is Sixty’s first streaming partner.
News categories: Sixty, Unified Streaming, Kjetil Horneland, Simon Westbroek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
BBC extends contract with Unified Streaming
Apr 18, 2017 – The BBC and Unified Streaming have renewed their commitment to work together for another two years. Since 2013 Unified Streaming has provided the BBC with Unified Origin, its all-in-one streaming solution.
News categories: Unified Streaming, BBC, Simon Westbroek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Viaplay selects Unified Streaming to optimize Scandinavian viewer experience
Feb 21, 2017 – Viaplay has chosen Unified Streaming to help optimize its viewer experience across Scandinavia. Using Unified Origin lets Viaplay fully utilize its content and support its multi-CDN strategy.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Viaplay, Simon Westbroek, Kaj af Kleen, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Foxtel selects Unified Streaming to power live and on demand streaming
Feb 25, 2016 – Unified Streaming has announced that it has been selected by Foxtel to create and optimise Foxtel’s streaming platform enabling delivery of Foxtel’s premium live and on demand programming across multiple devices.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Foxtel, Simon Westbroek, Brett Paton, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Set Top Box
Unified Streaming selected by maxdome for MPEG-DASH streaming
Jun 2, 2015 – maxdome, Germany’s most popular online video platform, has selected Unified Streaming, a provider of cross-platform streaming technologies, for streaming Widevine Modular encrypted MPEG-DASH to address Google Chrome users.
News categories: Unified Streaming, maxdome, Simon Westbroek, Digital TV, Germany, Media Player, OTT
maxdome adds MPEG DASH support using Irdeto Rights
May 14, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that maxdome, the most popular video-on-demand company in Germany and Austria, is using Irdeto Rights to address the challenge of supporting different DRM solutions for web browsers through one of the world’s first deployments combining MPEG DASH and Widevine.
News categories: Irdeto, maxdome, Richard Scott, Austria, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Dailymotion standardizes on Unified Streaming for all live streaming
Dec 4, 2014 – Dailymotion has selected Unified Streaming for its live streaming Platform. Dailymotion required streaming software with a small footprint that can ingest a variety of formats and also offer protection of live streams using DRM.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Dailymotion, Simon Westbroek, Vincent Colombet, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024