Digital TV News: Universal Electronics
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Comcast is first to deploy UEI's QuickSet Cloud
Dec 7, 2016 – Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) has announced that Comcast is the first service provider to deploy QuickSet Cloud. QuickSet Cloud's database ensures that nearly all CE devices can be automatically recognized and controlled with a software handshake.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Comcast, Paul Arling, Jonathan Palmatier, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
ER-Telecom announces new STB from Humax
May 12, 2014 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced the availability of a new set-top box for its Dom.ru TV service. The box, manufactured by Humax, offers access via mobile as well as video-on-demand and content search.
News categories: ER-Telecom, Humax, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Hillcrest Labs Selected by TCL to Bring Motion, Gesture and Cursor Control to Android™-Powered Smart TVs
May 23, 2012 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that TCL Multimedia (SZSE: 000100) is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® motion software for TCL's Android™-based Smart TVs, including its flagship V7500 Android 4.03 Smart TV, and motion sensing remotes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs Turns Kylo® Web Browser for TV Over to Open Source Community
May 15, 2012 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it has released the source code for the Kylo® Web browser to the open source community. Kylo is a free, Mozilla-based TV browser uniquely designed to view online content on TVs connected to the Internet.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Middleware, OTT
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service