Digital TV News: Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
Nov 20, 2020 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) has introduced a remote control for Apple TV developed and designed to meet the needs of cable, satellite, IPTV and other Multichannel Video Program Distributors (MVPDs).
News categories: Universal Electronics, Paul Arling, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Universal Electronics voice-enabled remotes for Liberty Global
Oct 7, 2020 – Universal Electronics (UEI) is to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Liberty Global for its RDK-based Horizon 4 set-top boxes. Voice recognition technology is used to search for content on the platform.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Liberty Global, Menno Koopmans, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Comcast is first to deploy UEI's QuickSet Cloud
Dec 7, 2016 – Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) has announced that Comcast is the first service provider to deploy QuickSet Cloud. QuickSet Cloud's database ensures that nearly all CE devices can be automatically recognized and controlled with a software handshake.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Comcast, Paul Arling, Jonathan Palmatier, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
ER-Telecom announces new STB from Humax
May 12, 2014 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced the availability of a new set-top box for its Dom.ru TV service. The box, manufactured by Humax, offers access via mobile as well as video-on-demand and content search.
News categories: ER-Telecom, Humax, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5