Digital TV News: V-Nova
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
V-Nova launches PERSEUS cloud-based transcoding and delivery
Apr 2, 2019 – V-Nova has announced the launch of a cloud-based SaaS transcoding and delivery platform for enhanced PERSEUS Plus h.264 and native h.264 encoding. The platform enables the rapid launch of services offering 50% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
V-Nova and Xilinx launch PERSEUS transcoder and accelerator
Mar 21, 2019 – V-Nova and Xilinx (NASDAQ: XLNX) have announced the availability of PERSEUS XSA, a plug-and-play encoding accelerator for existing live or VOD encoding pipelines and PERSEUS XDE, a native encoding solution running entirely on FPGA.
News categories: V-Nova, Xilinx, Guido Meardi, Sean Gardner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Telestream video streaming supports V-Nova PERSEUS Plus codec
Nov 8, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that its PERSEUS Plus codec will be supported by Telestream’s Lightspeed Live video streaming system, which is used by numerous major operators and video service providers worldwide.
News categories: V-Nova, Telestream, Guido Meardi, Scott Murray, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
V-Nova secures investment from Novator Partners
Oct 18, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that it has secured a multi-million pound investment to drive further growth across the business. The firm will expand its R&D teams and its commercial functions to accelerate its market penetration.
News categories: V-Nova, Novator Partners, Guido Meardi, Thor Björgólfsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Venture Capital, Worldwide
V-Nova PERSEUS Plus now available on Socionext's SC2A11 processor
Sep 10, 2018 – V-Nova has announced the availability of its PERSEUS Plus SDK for Socionext's SC2A11. The joint solution leverages both the compression performance of PERSEUS Plus and the density and power-efficiency of the Socionext media processor.
News categories: V-Nova, Socionext, Guido Meardi, Tom Miyake, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Worldwide
V-Nova PERSEUS enables launch of Pipul TV in Nigeria
Sep 6, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that Pipul TV, a Nigerian-based education and entertainment television and media communications network, has selected V-Nova PERSEUS Plus to support the launch of the company’s new TV service.
News categories: V-Nova, Pipul TV, Guido Meardi, Benjamin Okoroafor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, OTT
MEASAT, NovelSat and V-Nova show next generation UHD compression
Jun 25, 2018 – MEASAT has announced a showcase in collaboration with NovelSat and V-Nova to demonstrate cutting-edge compression for Ultra High Definition (UHD) primary distribution over satellite.
News categories: MEASAT, NovelSat, V-Nova, Raj Malik, Ronen Sadan, Guido Meardi, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
V-Nova PERSEUS 2 integrated with the THEOplayer Universal Player
Aug 30, 2017 – V-Nova and THEO Technologies have announced the availability of PERSEUS 2 decoding capabilities with THEOplayer, the cross-platform video player from THEO Technologies. The solution will make its debut at IBC 2017.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Media Player, Worldwide
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019