Digital TV News: V-Nova
MEASAT, NovelSat and V-Nova show next generation UHD compression
Jun 25, 2018 – MEASAT has announced a showcase in collaboration with NovelSat and V-Nova to demonstrate cutting-edge compression for Ultra High Definition (UHD) primary distribution over satellite.
News categories: MEASAT, NovelSat, V-Nova, Raj Malik, Ronen Sadan, Guido Meardi, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
V-Nova PERSEUS 2 integrated with the THEOplayer Universal Player
Aug 30, 2017 – V-Nova and THEO Technologies have announced the availability of PERSEUS 2 decoding capabilities with THEOplayer, the cross-platform video player from THEO Technologies. The solution will make its debut at IBC 2017.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Media Player, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi and V-Nova partner to provide end-to-end video delivery
Aug 30, 2017 – V-Nova and Tata Elxsi have announced a partnership that enables operators to deploy V-Nova PERSEUS technology at an accelerated pace. Tata Elxsi has already integrated V-Nova's technology within the set-top-box of a satellite TV operator in Europe.
News categories: V-Nova, Tata Elxsi, Guido Meardi, KP Sreekumar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
V-Nova to debut PERSEUS 2 at the NABShow
Apr 3, 2017 – V-Nova has announced the launch of the next generation V-Nova PERSEUS. V-Nova PERSEUS 2 expands the codec’s capability to enhance performance, simplify deployment into real-world environments and reduce operating costs through improved efficiency.
News categories: V-Nova, Nokia, FastFilmz, Thaicom, Guido Meardi, Pav Kudlac, Karam Malhotra, Teerayuth Boonchote, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
V-Nova acquires Faroudja video processing patents
Feb 6, 2017 – V-Nova has announced the completion of its first acquisition, by purchasing the full global patent portfolio of video imaging experts Faroudja Enterprises Inc. for an undisclosed sum.
News categories: V-Nova, Faroudja, S&P Global Market Intelligence, Guido Meardi, Yves Faroudja, Michelle Abraham, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
V-Nova compression integrated with Vimmi distributed CDN
Sep 1, 2016 – V-Nova and Vimmi have announced that V-Nova PERSEUS video compression has been integrated within the Vimmi video delivery platform. The integration represents a major milestone in enabling the launch of PERSEUS-powered online video services in a matter of days.
News categories: V-Nova, Vimmi, Guido Meardi, Eitan Koter, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
V-Nova video compression deployed by Sky Italia
Apr 19, 2016 – V-Nova has announced the deployment of its V-Nova PERSEUS video compression on Sky's IPTV platform in Italy. The move will enable Sky in Italy to expand the reach of its full HD offering over existing IP infrastructure.
News categories: V-Nova, Sky, Harmonic, Eric Achtmann, Guido Meardi, Massimo Bertolotti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Media Player
V-Nova video compression enables FastFilmz low-bandwidth OTT in India
Apr 7, 2016 – V-Nova has announced that FastFilmz, India’s innovative new OTT service provider, has deployed V-Nova’s PERSEUS software. With V-Nova PERSEUS, FastFilmz is able to deliver quality streamed video to both 2G and 3G mobile phone users.
News categories: V-Nova, FastFilmz, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Dominic Charles, Karam Malhotra, Digital TV, India, Media Player, OTT, Smartphone
V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
Nov 23, 2015 – V-Nova has announced today that its PERSEUS technology was deployed by Mediapro’s Overon for visually lossless contribution of the November 21 'El Clásico' match between Real Madrid and Barcelona played at the Santiago Bernabau stadium in Madrid, Spain.
News categories: V-Nova, Mediapro, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Content Distribution, IPTV, Spain
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV