Digital TV News: VTV
GatesAir prepares Brazil's Rede VTV for transition to DTT
May 18, 2015 – GatesAir is preparing Brazilian TV broadcaster Rede VTV for a full ISDB-Tb digital TV transition in advance of the country’s 2018 analogue TV shutoff. As part of the solution, systems integrator Foccus Digital is rolling out multiple GatesAir UHF transmitters.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Foccus Digital, Joseph Mack, Marcus Mansur, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T
Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
Jan 27, 2015 – Ooredoo Maldives has announced the launch of Live TV in partnership with PlayCast Maldives. PlayCast Maldives is providing the service for the first time via Ooredoo 3G+ and 4G LTE network, exclusively to Ooredoo customers.
News categories: Ooredoo, SP Sarathy, Mohamed Fayaz, Cable TV, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
Egatel provides transmitters for Chile's first DTT transmissions
Dec 17, 2013 – Egatel has announced that it has provided a 300W UHF TV ISDB-Tb Digital Transmitter, model TE9301, for the first DTT transmissions in Chile.
News categories: Egatel, Matias Palau, José Andrés Gálvez Valenzuela, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
FPT Telecom awarded pay TV licence in Vietnam
Aug 8, 2013 – Vietnam's Ministry of Information and Communications has granted pay TV licenses to FPT Telecom. The firm will be allowed to offer analogue cable TV across Vietnam, except in major cities. Digital cable TV it will be able to offer nationwide.
News categories: FPT Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Vietnam
Marseille Takes Major Steps toward Transforming CE Silicon Development
Apr 5, 2011 – Marseille Networks has received $4.5 million in Series B funding. With the funds it plans to kick off the production process for its first chips, the VTV-1200 series of Quad HD video upconverter processors for Blu-ray, AVR, PC, and STB markets.
News categories: Marseille Networks, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Vietnam Cable Television Opts for New Content Protection Solution from Conax
Dec 2, 2010 – Conax has announced that it has entered a contract with state owned Vietnam Cable Television. Conax will deliver a new content protection solution to VCTV's subsidiary VTV, the second largest cable operator in Vietnam.
News categories: Conax, VTV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Vietnam
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 – The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Marseille Networks Video Co-Processors to Provide Fast Ramp to Quad-HD
Jan 7, 2010 – Marseille Networks has introduced its new video co-processor family allowing CE OEMs to quickly upgrade their existing flat panel TV, PC and A/V receiver designs from 1080p to 2160p (four times the resolution of Full-HD) at a record pace.
News categories: Marseille Networks, CES, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Canal+ converts 240,000 to digital in 1st half 2009
Sep 1, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for the first half of 2009. Canal+'s migration of analog subscribers accelerated over the past six months with nearly 240,000 upgrades to digital since January 2009, ahead of targets.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification