Digital TV News: Viacom18
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Spain, UK, USA
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
Feb 12, 2019 – Amagi has announced that Tastemade has added another distribution partner for its linear channel and VOD content offering – now on Comcast, YouTube TV, Philo TV, Sony's PlayStation Vue, and T-Mobile, all powered by Amagi.
News categories: Amagi, Tastemade, Deepakjit Singh, Jeremy Strauss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Kaltura powers Cloud TV service, VOOT by Viacom18
Sep 17, 2018 – Kaltura has announced that Viacom18’s VOOT Cloud TV service is using Kaltura to support explosive growth, with more than 37 million active users across mobile, web and smart TVs accessing over 50,000 hours of content and 100 million app downloads.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Dr. Shay David, Mohit Srivastava, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Viacom18 adds ThinkAnalytics personalized multi-language recommendations to VOOT
Sep 11, 2018 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Viacom18 in India has gone live with ThinkAnalytics on the ad-funded OTT service VOOT. VOOT’s users now have personalized recommendations on the home screen, making it quicker and easier to find content they want to watch.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Viacom18, Peter Docherty, Mohit Srivastava, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, OTT, UX
Ooyala provides ad delivery for Voot OTT
May 31, 2016 – Ooyala is now the ad delivery provider for Voot, a new over-the-top (OTT) service from Viacom18. A joint venture between Viacom and the Network18 Group, Viacom18 is one of the fastest growing entertainment networks in India.
News categories: Ooyala, Viacom18, Keith Budge, Gaurav Gandhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, OTT
Kaltura powers Viacom18's VOOT VoD service
Apr 6, 2016 – Kaltura has announced that it is powering Viacom18’s newly launched digital VOD service VOOT. The ad-supported video streaming service had launched, last week, with close to 17,000 hours of domestic and international content.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Ron Yekutiel, Gaurav Gandhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues