Digital TV News: Videotron
Vidéotron acquires Cable Amos
Dec 23, 2019 – Vidéotron has agreed to acquire Télédistribution Amos (Cable Amos) and its network. The Québec telecom leader expects that residents living in Cable Amos’ service area will be able to join its subscriber family in the coming months.
News categories: Videotron, Cable Amos, Jean-François Pruneau, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA
Videotron unveils Helix entertainment and home management platform
Aug 27, 2019 – Videotron has unveiled its Helix technology platform. With its voice remote, ultra-intelligent Wi-Fi, and, coming soon, its ability to integrate automation features, Helix will soon play a major role in Québec households.
News categories: Videotron, Quebecor, Jean-François Pruneau, Pierre Karl Péladeau, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers combined lost almost 20% fewer TV subscribers in 2017 compared to 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Videotron adopts Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform for IPTV
Aug 29, 2017 – Videotron has announced an agreement with Comcast aimed at developing and delivering an IPTV service based on Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform that will support a peerless customer experience for Videotron customers.
News categories: Videotron, Comcast, Manon Brouillette, Tony Werner, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Cord-cutting in Canada slows in the first half of 2017
Aug 14, 2017 – Canada’s publicly traded TV service providers lost 22% fewer TV subscribers in the first half of 2017 compared to the same period in 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Cord-cutting in Canada reaches record level in 2016
Mar 15, 2017 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers as a whole continued to lose a record number of TV subscribers in 2016 but the trends shifted as the cable companies lost considerably fewer subscribers and the IPTV providers saw subscriber growth slow significantly.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs