Digital TV News: Vimeo
True Royalty TV scales D2C service with Vimeo OTT technology
Oct 29, 2019 – True Royalty TV has announced that it is using Vimeo’s OTT technology to accelerate its direct-to-consumer business. Vimeo now powers True Royalty TV in all markets, including the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Vimeo, True Royalty TV, Kathleen Barrett, Gregor Angus, Apps, Australia, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, New Zealand, OTT, UK, USA
Worldwide TV shipment growth hits 8-year high
Jul 1, 2019 – Worldwide TV shipments are riding high, ending 2018 with the strongest growth rate this decade, with value up by 6%, according to Futuresource Consulting. 8K shipments will grow from 0.2 million units in 2019 with a 130% CAGR through to 2023.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
Jun 13, 2019 – Vimeo has announced support for royalty-free video codec, AV1. The AV1 codec enables high-definition and ultra-high-definition video content to be streamed to audiences at a reduced bitrate without compromising visual quality.
News categories: Vimeo, Naren Venkataraman, Vittorio Giovara, Nathan Egge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
U.S. broadband households watch two hours of alternative content on a computer each week
Jul 12, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that U.S. broadband households watch an average of two hours of alternative content on a computer each week from sources including Facebook, SnapChat, YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Vimeo to acquire Livestream and launch Vimeo Live
Sep 26, 2017 – Vimeo has announced an agreement to acquire Livestream, the leading live video solution. Vimeo also rolled out its own Vimeo Live product, offering professional live streaming capabilities directly through its platform for the first time.
News categories: Vimeo, Livestream, Anjali Sud, Mark Kornfilt, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
Vimeo helps power two Lionsgate OTT offerings
Sep 6, 2017 – Vimeo has announced that its video technology will help power two of Lionsgate’s over-the-top (OTT) offerings, the Laugh Out Loud comedy service and the Tribeca Shortlist streaming service for movie lovers.
News categories: Vimeo, Lionsgate, Kathleen Barrett, Julie Uhrman, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Vimeo ups speed with Akamai Media Acceleration
Mar 21, 2017 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced the availability of Akamai Media Acceleration, designed to improve viewing experiences for OTT video consumers and accelerate video game and other software downloads.
News categories: Akamai, Vimeo, Scott Brown, Naren Venkataraman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
TV accounts for 94% of UK video advertising
Mar 9, 2017 – An analysis by Thinkbox of 2016 video consumption in the UK shows how total video viewing – and viewing of video advertising – breaks down.
News categories: Thinkbox, Lindsey Clay, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Vimeo adds 360 video support
Mar 8, 2017 – Vimeo has introduced support for 360 video. Vimeo aims to provide a home for creators to learn new techniques, upload, share, and sell 360 videos, while viewers can discover 360 videos from the world’s best creators across multiple platforms.
News categories: Vimeo, Anjali Sud, Sara Poorsattar, Digital TV, OTT, VR, Worldwide
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA