Digital TV News: Vimeo
Vimeo's VHX adds Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Xbox One app support
Jan 5, 2017 – Vimeo has unveiled white-label partner app support on three new platforms – Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Xbox One. Vimeo’s OTT product, VHX, is a turn-key solution for launching OTT streaming video channels.
News categories: Vimeo, Blue Ant Media, VHX, Jamie Wilkinson, Jesse Dallal, Apps, CES2020, OTT, Worldwide
TV4 Entertainment and Vimeo announce strategic partnership
Nov 11, 2016 – TV4 Entertainment and Vimeo have announced a partnership in which Vimeo will power over 20 of TV4 Entertainment’s direct-to-consumer subscription video on demand (SVOD) channels.
News categories: Vimeo, TV4 Entertainment, Jamie Wilkinson, Jon Cody, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Vimeo launches global TV store with STARZ
Oct 18, 2016 – Vimeo has launched its Global television storefront in partnership with Lionsgate. The service is one of the first to deliver premium scripted U.S. content to consumers in over 150 countries around the world at the same time.
News categories: Vimeo, Starz, Lionsgate, Sam Toles, Jeffrey Hirsch, Jim Packer, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Nearly 35% of US broadband households regularly watch user-generated video online
Oct 6, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced OTT research showing that nearly 35% of U.S. broadband households watch user-generated video online, on sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion, more than ten days per month.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Vimeo introduces adaptive streaming
Dec 3, 2015 – Vimeo has announced the rollout of adaptive streaming, a major upgrade to the player that enables 4K viewing both on and offsite. Adaptive streaming automatically delivers the highest possible resolution (up to 4K) for any video, optimized for the user’s device and bandwidth.
News categories: Vimeo, Andrew Pile, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Roku launches streaming players in France
Oct 20, 2015 – Roku has announced that it is launching its streaming players in France. In France, consumers with a Roku streaming player can stream entertainment from 1,500+ streaming channels, including Netflix, Google Play, Spotify, YouTube, Daily Motion, France 24 and soon content will be added from LA VOD videofutur, Deezer, ARTE and others.
News categories: Roku, videofutur, Clive Hudson, Mathias Hautefort, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box
EU seeks views on Europe's audiovisual media rules
Jul 6, 2015 – The European Commission has announced a public consultation on the current framework regulating Europe's audiovisual media landscape. The consultation seeks feedback from stakeholders (market players, public organisations, consumer organisations) but also from viewers themselves.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK
Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
Dec 13, 2013 – Opera Software has announced that pay-TV operators and their partners deploying the Reference Design Kit (RDK) can now use the Chromium/Blink engine, via the Opera Devices SDK, in their set-top boxes.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, CES2020, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box
Amino launches TV App store - powered by Opera - at IBC 2013
Sep 13, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) is to partner with Opera Software in the delivery of the Amino TV App Store for its Live Home Media Centre - powered by Opera Software's Opera TV Store application platform, and providing hundreds of free apps.
News categories: Amino, Opera Software, Donald McGarva, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, IBC2020, IPTV, Set Top Box
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs