Digital TV News: Vimeo
TV4 Entertainment and Vimeo announce strategic partnership
Nov 11, 2016 – TV4 Entertainment and Vimeo have announced a partnership in which Vimeo will power over 20 of TV4 Entertainment’s direct-to-consumer subscription video on demand (SVOD) channels.
News categories: Vimeo, TV4 Entertainment, Jamie Wilkinson, Jon Cody, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Vimeo launches global TV store with STARZ
Oct 18, 2016 – Vimeo has launched its Global television storefront in partnership with Lionsgate. The service is one of the first to deliver premium scripted U.S. content to consumers in over 150 countries around the world at the same time.
News categories: Vimeo, Starz, Lionsgate, Sam Toles, Jeffrey Hirsch, Jim Packer, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Nearly 35% of US broadband households regularly watch user-generated video online
Oct 6, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced OTT research showing that nearly 35% of U.S. broadband households watch user-generated video online, on sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion, more than ten days per month.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Vimeo introduces adaptive streaming
Dec 3, 2015 – Vimeo has announced the rollout of adaptive streaming, a major upgrade to the player that enables 4K viewing both on and offsite. Adaptive streaming automatically delivers the highest possible resolution (up to 4K) for any video, optimized for the user’s device and bandwidth.
News categories: Vimeo, Andrew Pile, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Roku launches streaming players in France
Oct 20, 2015 – Roku has announced that it is launching its streaming players in France. In France, consumers with a Roku streaming player can stream entertainment from 1,500+ streaming channels, including Netflix, Google Play, Spotify, YouTube, Daily Motion, France 24 and soon content will be added from LA VOD videofutur, Deezer, ARTE and others.
News categories: Roku, videofutur, Clive Hudson, Mathias Hautefort, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box
EU seeks views on Europe's audiovisual media rules
Jul 6, 2015 – The European Commission has announced a public consultation on the current framework regulating Europe's audiovisual media landscape. The consultation seeks feedback from stakeholders (market players, public organisations, consumer organisations) but also from viewers themselves.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK
Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
Dec 13, 2013 – Opera Software has announced that pay-TV operators and their partners deploying the Reference Design Kit (RDK) can now use the Chromium/Blink engine, via the Opera Devices SDK, in their set-top boxes.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box
Amino launches TV App store - powered by Opera - at IBC 2013
Sep 13, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) is to partner with Opera Software in the delivery of the Amino TV App Store for its Live Home Media Centre - powered by Opera Software's Opera TV Store application platform, and providing hundreds of free apps.
News categories: Amino, Opera Software, Donald McGarva, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, IBC2019, IPTV, Set Top Box
Opera TV Store integrated with MediaTek's Smart TV chipsets
Feb 5, 2013 – Opera has announces that MediaTek has integrated the Opera TV Store with its Smart TV chipsets. Manufacturers that use MediaTek chipsets can now provide web functionality and application environments for their TVs, set-top boxes and media players.
News categories: Opera Software, MediaTek, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient