Digital TV News: Vindicia
Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
Mar 19, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a study that delves into consumer relationships with streaming video services and viewing behaviors. The study found that 70% of households in the U.S. and 40% of U.K. homes have a subscription to at least one streaming video service.
News categories: Vindicia, nScreenMedia, Anthony Goonetilleke, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Eros Now selects Vindicia subscription billing platform
Feb 26, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that Eros Now has selected Vindicia CashBox to enhance its consumer experience. Through the alliance, Vindicia CashBox will help in accelerating the subscriber growth of Eros Now around the world.
News categories: Amdocs, Eros Now, Vindicia, Darcy Antonellis, Rishika Lulla Singh, Digital TV, India, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
Vindicia report sees massive global growth in OTT subscription revenue
Sep 13, 2018 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a research report that explores the prospects and development of premium OTT services across four regions: Western Europe, USA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
News categories: Vindicia, MTM, Kris Nagel, Nick Thomas, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
Jun 19, 2017 – A study by regional pay-TV industry group CASBAA shows that overall access to multi-channel video services of all kinds in Taiwan is being bolstered by a mobile video market now accounting for 92% of all individuals.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Christopher Slaughter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Taiwan
Strong growth ahead for OTT services in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico
Feb 9, 2016 – Vindicia and Ooyala have released research suggesting that premium OTT is set for strong growth in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. Major pay-TV providers and regional media groups are investing in services tailored to local tastes, paving the way for significant market growth through to 2018.
News categories: Vindicia, Ooyala, MTM, Bryta Schulz, Caitlin Spaan, Jon Watts, Argentina, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico, OTT
OTT marketplace remains rife with opportunity for innovative entrants
Jun 8, 2015 – 2015 is proving to be a blockbuster year for over-the-top (OTT) video services, with more than 65 players either offering video services today or announcing plans to do so in the coming months, according to a study conducted by Parks Associates.
News categories: Vindicia, Ooyala, Parks Associates, Bryta Schulz, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
European OTT market to experience rapid growth by 2017
Nov 25, 2014 – Vindicia and Ooyala have announced the results of a qualitative pan-European study that looks at the current premium service OTT market and its projected growth in the UK, Dutch and German regions by 2017.
News categories: Ooyala, Vindicia, MTM, Jay Fulcher, Gene Hoffman, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, OTT, UK
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019