Digital TV News: Vipnet
Telekom Austria adds 6,178 TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Aug 13, 2014 – Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for the first half of 2014. The company finished the quarter with 483 thousand TV subscribers in Austria, Bulgaria and Croatia, up 6,178 in the quarter and 32,693 year-on-year.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Austria selects Conax to secure new B2B satellite platform
Sep 26, 2013 – Conax has announced that Telekom Austria has deployed a new B2B DTH satellite platform targeting Central and Eastern Europe including centralized conditional access based on Conax Contego™ Plus to ensure protection of content assets cross-platform.
News categories: Conax, Telekom Austria, Stefan Amon, Thomas Blichfeldt, Content Protection, Europe, Satellite
Telekom Austria enters satellite TV business with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2013 – Telekom Austria has announced with Eutelsat its entry into the business field of Satellite TV. The solution involves a B2B DTH platform uplinking TV signals via Telekom Austria's earth station in Aflenz/Styria to the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Eutelsat, Vipnet, Reinhard Zuba, Stefan Amon, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Adrian Jezina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
Vipnet offers digital satellite television in Croatia
May 2, 2013 – After acquiring in March of this year one hundred percent ownership in the company Digi TV, one of the first digital television service providers in the Croatian market, Vipnet has gone a step further and is offering its customers another service - Vip SAT TV.
News categories: Vipnet, Croatia, Digital TV, Satellite
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 – Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Telekom Austria, Hannes Ametsreiter, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, MnA, Satellite
Croatia's Vipnet tests DVB-H
Feb 5, 2009 – Vipnet, together with Kapsch, have launched a DVB-H mobile TV trial in Croatia with programmes from NovaTV, CNN, Eurosport, and CMC available on phones at no extra charge.
News categories: Vipnet, Kapsch, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, Digital TV, Mobile
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan