Digital TV News: Vipnet
Telekom Austria adds 6,178 TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Aug 13, 2014 – Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for the first half of 2014. The company finished the quarter with 483 thousand TV subscribers in Austria, Bulgaria and Croatia, up 6,178 in the quarter and 32,693 year-on-year.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Austria selects Conax to secure new B2B satellite platform
Sep 26, 2013 – Conax has announced that Telekom Austria has deployed a new B2B DTH satellite platform targeting Central and Eastern Europe including centralized conditional access based on Conax Contego™ Plus to ensure protection of content assets cross-platform.
News categories: Conax, Telekom Austria, Stefan Amon, Thomas Blichfeldt, Content Protection, Europe, Satellite
Telekom Austria enters satellite TV business with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2013 – Telekom Austria has announced with Eutelsat its entry into the business field of Satellite TV. The solution involves a B2B DTH platform uplinking TV signals via Telekom Austria's earth station in Aflenz/Styria to the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Eutelsat, Vipnet, Reinhard Zuba, Stefan Amon, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Adrian Jezina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite
Vipnet offers digital satellite television in Croatia
May 2, 2013 – After acquiring in March of this year one hundred percent ownership in the company Digi TV, one of the first digital television service providers in the Croatian market, Vipnet has gone a step further and is offering its customers another service - Vip SAT TV.
News categories: Vipnet, Croatia, Digital TV, Satellite
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 – Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Telekom Austria, Hannes Ametsreiter, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, MnA, Satellite
Croatia's Vipnet tests DVB-H
Feb 5, 2009 – Vipnet, together with Kapsch, have launched a DVB-H mobile TV trial in Croatia with programmes from NovaTV, CNN, Eurosport, and CMC available on phones at no extra charge.
News categories: Vipnet, Kapsch, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, Digital TV, Mobile
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update