Digital TV News: Vipnet
Telekom Austria adds 6,178 TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Aug 13, 2014 – Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for the first half of 2014. The company finished the quarter with 483 thousand TV subscribers in Austria, Bulgaria and Croatia, up 6,178 in the quarter and 32,693 year-on-year.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Austria selects Conax to secure new B2B satellite platform
Sep 26, 2013 – Conax has announced that Telekom Austria has deployed a new B2B DTH satellite platform targeting Central and Eastern Europe including centralized conditional access based on Conax Contego™ Plus to ensure protection of content assets cross-platform.
News categories: Conax, Telekom Austria, Stefan Amon, Thomas Blichfeldt, Content Protection, Europe, Satellite
Telekom Austria enters satellite TV business with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2013 – Telekom Austria has announced with Eutelsat its entry into the business field of Satellite TV. The solution involves a B2B DTH platform uplinking TV signals via Telekom Austria's earth station in Aflenz/Styria to the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Eutelsat, Vipnet, Reinhard Zuba, Stefan Amon, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Adrian Jezina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
Vipnet offers digital satellite television in Croatia
May 2, 2013 – After acquiring in March of this year one hundred percent ownership in the company Digi TV, one of the first digital television service providers in the Croatian market, Vipnet has gone a step further and is offering its customers another service - Vip SAT TV.
News categories: Vipnet, Croatia, Digital TV, Satellite
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 – Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Telekom Austria, Hannes Ametsreiter, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, MnA, Satellite
Croatia's Vipnet tests DVB-H
Feb 5, 2009 – Vipnet, together with Kapsch, have launched a DVB-H mobile TV trial in Croatia with programmes from NovaTV, CNN, Eurosport, and CMC available on phones at no extra charge.
News categories: Vipnet, Kapsch, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, Digital TV, Mobile
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024