Digital TV News: Vivacom
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
Jan 16, 2019 – OTE has entered into an agreement to sell its entire stake in Telekom Albania to the Bulgarian company Albania Telecom Invest, for a total consideration of €50m. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
News categories: OTE, Telekom Albania, Michael Tsamaz, Albania, MnA
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Bulgaria's Satellite BG to close
May 30, 2013 – Bulgarian satellite TV platform Satellite BG has announced that it will close on June 1, 2013. Satellite BG is recommending Vivacom TV as an alternative provider.
News categories: Satellite BG, Vivacom, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite
VIVACOM launches satellite TV in Bulgaria
Sep 7, 2010 – VIVACOM, previously known as the Bulgarian Telecommunications Company (BTC) and the largest telecommunications company in Bulgaria, launched its DTH satellite TV service on September 1st, 2010.
News categories: VIVACOM, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
Vivacom to launch IPTV in Bulgaria
May 25, 2010 – VIVACOM has announced that it will be launching an IPTV service in Bulgaria in the middle of 2010.
News categories: VIVACOM, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform