Digital TV News: Vivo
Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
Dec 10, 2019 – Hotstar has released India Watch Report 2019. Based on Hotstar’s pan-India consumer base, the report presents insights on how evolving content preferences, progressive gender shifts, and increasing accessibility continue to shape the modern Indian digital consumer.
News categories: Hotstar, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
Jul 18, 2019 – techARC-Unomer has released some key insights about OTT Entertainment (Live and VOD) App penetration in India. The insights are from Unomer AppMap, an in-depth analysis of smartphone and consumer data collected from over 5 million smartphone users across the country.
News categories: techARC, Unomer, Faisal Kawoosa, Vinay Bapna, Apps, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
Jul 15, 2019 – Hotstar set a new record during the India vs New Zealand ICC Cricket World Cup semi-final. The platform registered 25.3 million concurrent viewers, shattering its own previous world record of 18.6 million set during the VIVO IPL 2019 final.
News categories: Hotstar, Varun Narang, Vinod Thadani, Canada, Digital TV, India, OTT, Subscribers, USA
MediaKind integrates Netflix into Mediaroom at VIVO in Brazil
Mar 11, 2019 – MediaKind is collaborating with Telefônica Brasil to enhance the user experience for more than 350,000 VIVO Fibra subscribers through the integration of Netflix into the MediaKind Mediaroom platform’s interactive menu system.
News categories: MediaKind, Telefônica, Clayton Cruz, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, OTT
RealNetworks codec chosen for CIBN mobile TV App
Jun 27, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the commercial deployment of RealMedia HD on the China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) Mobile TV App, available now for download from Android app stores in China.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Jiang Hense, Xie Shengluo, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
ContentWise to power personalized UX and search for Telefónica in Latin America
Apr 9, 2018 – Telefónica has selected ContentWise to power personalized recommendations, content discovery and search for its Latin America multiplatform video services. ContentWise integrates into Telefónica’s multiscreen VOD, Live TV and Catch-up offerings.
News categories: ContentWise, Telefónica, Paolo Bozzola, Pablo Antolín, Big Data, Digital TV, Latin America, UX
Vivendi launches short series offer for mobiles with Vivo in Brazil
Oct 17, 2016 – Vivendi has launched Studio+, a global premium short series offer for mobiles, in Brazil. Vivendi Content initiated this new service based on an original app developed by Watchever, a Vivendi Village subsidiary.
News categories: Vivendi, Vivo, Dominique Delport, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Swisscom launches UHD TV box
Apr 13, 2016 – Football fans are counting down the days to the start of the 2016 European Championships. Swisscom TV customers now have even more to look forward to. A new TV box will enable them to watch individual games in ultra-high definition (UHD) quality on SRF zwei for the very first time.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Telefônica Brasil TV accesses up 9.7% in 2015
Feb 25, 2016 – Telefônica Brasil (Bovespa: VIVT3/VIVT4; NYSE: VIV) has announced results for 4Q15 and 2015. TV accesses totaled 1.8 million in 4Q15, 9.7% up y-o-y, with strong growth in premium accesses (IPTV and interactive DTH).
News categories: Telefônica, Brazil, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service