Digital TV News: Vodacom
Vodacom adds lower-priced ShowMax option for mobile customers
Feb 9, 2017 – ShowMax has launched a lower-priced service available exclusively to Vodacom customers on an add-to-bill basis. For R49 per month, subscribers get unlimited access to a comprehensive catalogue of TV shows, movies, kids shows, and documentaries.
News categories: ShowMax, Vodacom, Chris Savides, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, South Africa
Vodafone launches Webbox - a plug and play keyboard, bringing internet to your TV
Feb 11, 2011 – Vodafone (LSE: VOD, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced the launch of the Vodafone Webbox, the first device of its kind, bringing affordable internet access to a customer's existing television set, just by plugging in a keyboard.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv Mobile on Cellphones, PCs and Tablets
Nov 23, 2010 – MultiChoice South Africa (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the launch of its Mobile TV broadcasting service, DStv Mobile. DStv Mobile can be accessed on a DVB-H enabled cellphone or via MultiChoice's newly introduced Mobile TV decoder, the Drifta.
News categories: MultiChoice, DStv, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa
Multichoice launches DStv MOBILE on Vodafone live!
Jul 27, 2010 – DStv MOBILE (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has launched a streaming Mobile TV service on Vodafone live!, the multimedia portal of Vodacom (JSE: VOD). Subscribers are able to view 11 channels and a wide range of on-demand video clips.
News categories: DStv, Vodacom, MultiChoice, 5G, Mobile, South Africa
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 – Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
ROK adds Warid Telecom to it's Deployment of Streamed Mobile TV
Sep 11, 2007 – ROK Entertainment Group has announced that it has reached agreement with Pakistan mobile operator, Warid Telecom, to provide streamed mobile TV over Warid's existing 2.5G network.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Warid Telecom, Mobile, Pakistan
CyberFund, Inc. Announces That ROK Powers Vodacom Live and On-Demand Mobile TV Service
Sep 5, 2007 – CyberFund, Inc. (OTCBB:CYFD) has announced that Vodacom, South Africa's leading cellular network with more than 24 million customers, is launching "MobileTVPlaya", its live and on-demand multi-channel mobile TV service, streamed over 2.5G GPRS cellphones.
News categories: Mobile, South Africa
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet