Digital TV News: Vubiquity
U.S. consumers still seeking content as OTT pricing starts to rise
Feb 7, 2019 – A study commissioned by Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has revealed that customers are getting frustrated with the TV options they have today and that they are willing to spend more for personalized approaches to TV content bundling and service provisioning.
News categories: Amdocs, Vanson Bourne, Darcy Antonellis, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Vubiquity and Discover Digital launch VOD with TelOne Zimbabwe
Dec 11, 2018 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced a deal with Discover Digital to provide international plus local content throughout the African continent, starting with TelOne DEOD (Digital Entertainment On Demand) in Zimbabwe.
News categories: Vubiquity, Discover Digital, TelOne, Darcy Antonellis, Stephen Watson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Zimbabwe
Vubiquity wins Verizon managed services deal for all on-demand content
Jul 31, 2018 – VUBIQUITY (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that its managed services and technology platforms will provide the processing and packaging of Verizon’s video on-demand (VOD) and Pay Per View (PPV) portfolio across the Fios multiscreen platform.
News categories: Vubiquity, Verizon, Darcy Antonellis, Heather McDavitt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Vubiquity extends on-demand distribution deal with Turner
Apr 4, 2018 – VUBIQUITY (NASDAQ: DOX) has extended its long-standing relationship with Turner as the primary distributor of its On Demand content. VUBIQUITY distributes TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, CNN and other Turner networks to 60M+ households across North America and Canada.
News categories: Vubiquity, Turner, John Smith, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Amdocs to acquire Vubiquity
Jan 30, 2018 – Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Vubiquity, increasing its capacity to deliver digital content capabilities to network operators, video distributors, OTT companies, content owners and content producers.
News categories: Amdocs, Vubiquity, Eli Gelman, Darcy Antonellis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
VUBIQUITY and NOKIA announce ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ for OTT
Sep 17, 2017 – VUBIQUITY and NOKIA have announced a ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ (T-SAAS) offering. The service delivers a hosted SaaS solution with operator licensed premium time-shifted content for operator’s OTT service providers.
News categories: VUBIQUITY, NOKIA, Ira Dworkin, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway