Digital TV News: WDR
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
Jul 16, 2019 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced an agreement to provide Block Communications with measurement services for their TV stations in Louisville, KY; Decatur, IL; and Lima, OH with the stations in Decatur and Lima using Comscore exclusively.
News categories: Comscore, Block Communications, Steve Walsh, Barry Fulmer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
Jun 19, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Block Communications have signed a renewal agreement for Nielsen Local TV measurement services across Block’s TV stations and markets. Block stations in Louisville will continue to use Nielsen data to demonstrate value to advertisers.
News categories: Nielsen, Block Communications, Catherine Herkovic, Bill Lamb, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
Feb 20, 2019 – Vodafone has become the world's first operator to connect 5G smartphones to its live 5G network. Vodafone is preparing to launch 5G in a number of European cities during the second half of 2019.
News categories: Vodafone, Johan Wibergh, 5G, Germany, Italy, MWC20, Smartphone, Spain, UK
DVB-T2/HEVC trial to begin in North-Rhine Westphalia
Aug 13, 2015 – Media Broadcast and German public broadcaster, WDR, have announced the start of a DVB-T2/HEVC trial in the region of North-Rhine Westphalia. The trial, covering both static and mobile reception, will begin on August 18th.
News categories: DVB-T2 HD Deutschland, WDR, MEDIA BROADCAST, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
WDR to begin DVB-T2/HEVC trials in Cologne-Bonn
Oct 14, 2014 – German public broadcaster WDR has announced that, with Media Broadcast, it is planning to begin test broadcasting in DVB-T2 with HEVC video coding in the Cologne-Bonn area.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic