Digital TV News: WDR
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019
Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
Jul 16, 2019 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced an agreement to provide Block Communications with measurement services for their TV stations in Louisville, KY; Decatur, IL; and Lima, OH with the stations in Decatur and Lima using Comscore exclusively.
News categories: Comscore, Block Communications, Steve Walsh, Barry Fulmer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
Jun 19, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Block Communications have signed a renewal agreement for Nielsen Local TV measurement services across Block’s TV stations and markets. Block stations in Louisville will continue to use Nielsen data to demonstrate value to advertisers.
News categories: Nielsen, Block Communications, Catherine Herkovic, Bill Lamb, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
Feb 20, 2019 – Vodafone has become the world's first operator to connect 5G smartphones to its live 5G network. Vodafone is preparing to launch 5G in a number of European cities during the second half of 2019.
News categories: Vodafone, Johan Wibergh, 5G, Germany, Italy, MWC19, Smartphone, Spain, UK
DVB-T2/HEVC trial to begin in North-Rhine Westphalia
Aug 13, 2015 – Media Broadcast and German public broadcaster, WDR, have announced the start of a DVB-T2/HEVC trial in the region of North-Rhine Westphalia. The trial, covering both static and mobile reception, will begin on August 18th.
News categories: DVB-T2 HD Deutschland, WDR, MEDIA BROADCAST, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
WDR to begin DVB-T2/HEVC trials in Cologne-Bonn
Oct 14, 2014 – German public broadcaster WDR has announced that, with Media Broadcast, it is planning to begin test broadcasting in DVB-T2 with HEVC video coding in the Cologne-Bonn area.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware