Digital TV News: WDR
Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
Jul 16, 2019 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced an agreement to provide Block Communications with measurement services for their TV stations in Louisville, KY; Decatur, IL; and Lima, OH with the stations in Decatur and Lima using Comscore exclusively.
News categories: Comscore, Block Communications, Steve Walsh, Barry Fulmer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
Jun 19, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Block Communications have signed a renewal agreement for Nielsen Local TV measurement services across Block’s TV stations and markets. Block stations in Louisville will continue to use Nielsen data to demonstrate value to advertisers.
News categories: Nielsen, Block Communications, Catherine Herkovic, Bill Lamb, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
Feb 20, 2019 – Vodafone has become the world's first operator to connect 5G smartphones to its live 5G network. Vodafone is preparing to launch 5G in a number of European cities during the second half of 2019.
News categories: Vodafone, Johan Wibergh, 5G, Germany, Italy, MWC19, Smartphone, Spain, UK
DVB-T2/HEVC trial to begin in North-Rhine Westphalia
Aug 13, 2015 – Media Broadcast and German public broadcaster, WDR, have announced the start of a DVB-T2/HEVC trial in the region of North-Rhine Westphalia. The trial, covering both static and mobile reception, will begin on August 18th.
News categories: DVB-T2 HD Deutschland, WDR, MEDIA BROADCAST, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
WDR to begin DVB-T2/HEVC trials in Cologne-Bonn
Oct 14, 2014 – German public broadcaster WDR has announced that, with Media Broadcast, it is planning to begin test broadcasting in DVB-T2 with HEVC video coding in the Cologne-Bonn area.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine