Digital TV News: Walmart
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2021, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Walmart and Roku launch Smart TV lineup in Mexico
Dec 23, 2019 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) have announced the launch of an Atvio Roku TV lineup of smart TVs, exclusively available in Walmart stores in Mexico. Models will include a 32" HD screen, and a 50" and 55" UHD screen.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Arthur van Rest, Jesús Enrique Guzman Güereca, Digital TV, Licensing, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV
Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
Sep 17, 2019 – VIZIO has announced support for new Alexa voice features on VIZIO SmartCast TVs. With the latest update, users can now use Alexa to search for movies or shows by title, genre, or cast members – just by using their voice and a nearby Echo device.
News categories: VIZIO, Bill Baxter, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
Jun 13, 2019 – Atari has made further announcements about its Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform. As well as gaming, the Atari VCS is optimized for video entertainment. The system is 4K HDR capable and supports video apps such as Netflix, Hulu, and Showtime.
News categories: Atari, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Caavo expands ecosystem to make the TV the hub of the home
May 1, 2019 – Caavo has announced that it has expanded the capabilities of its platform to create one simple interface for everyone and everything connected to your TV and smart home. Caavo now provides more meaningful tools and resources to bring families together.
News categories: Caavo, Andrew Einaudi, Smart Home, USA, UX
SVoD subscriptions in Mexico expected to grow 11% per year to 2022
Feb 27, 2019 – The Mexican video entertainment market saw steady 2% growth in 2018. However, this doesn’t fully reflect the structural changes in the wider video landscape, according to the latest report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
Roku introduces Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+ 4K streaming players
Sep 24, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that it is expanding its streaming player line-up with the addition of two new devices – the Roku Premiere and the new Roku Premiere+. The Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+ are simple to use and offer picture quality in HD, 4K Ultra HD or 4K HDR.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SPARK Neuro closes $13.5 million Series A funding round
Aug 8, 2018 – SPARK Neuro has secured $13.5 million of Series A financing. SPARK Neuro evaluates ads, movies, trailers and other content by measuring brain and other nervous system activity to see exactly when people are engaged and when they are not.
News categories: SPARK Neuro, Spencer Gerrol, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
New 605 index measures impact of TV advertising on both branding and sales
May 30, 2018 – 605 has announced the launch of the 605 Impact Index which measures the impact of TV advertising on both branding and sales. The index will enable clients to optimize both brand marketing and sales outcomes from TV advertising investments.
News categories: 605, Ben Tatta, Aaron Bernstein, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Big Data, USA
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding