Digital TV News: Western Digital
EOY 2011 Set-top Box Shipments Reveal Extent of DVR Drop
Feb 29, 2012 – Recent forecasts from IMS Research's Online Set-top Box Database anticipate a 2012 DVR volume drop of more than 20 percent as operators rely on existing inventories and delay new DVR orders.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box
Fox, Warner, SanDisk and Western Digital to Advance Digital Ownership of HD Movies
Feb 28, 2012 – Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., SanDisk (Nasdaq:SNDK), and Western Digital (NYSE:WDC) have revealed 'Project Phenix', an initiative that will give consumers a way to organize, store and move their HD digital movies and TV shows across multiple devices.
News categories: Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 – Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Streaming Media Player Unit Shipments Projected to Reach 3.6 Million in 2011, Says In-Stat
May 19, 2011 – The streaming media player has enjoyed significant growth over the past two years. Worldwide streaming media player unit shipments are projected to increase in 2011, finishing the year at just over 3.6 million, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Digital Video Applications Propel Hard Disk Drive Market
Jan 13, 2011 – The demand for gigabytes and terabytes of storage from PC users, game enthusiasts, and TV entertainment folks is keeping the industry growing to the degree that In-Stat forecasts HDD unit shipments will increase to over 1 billion units by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, DVR, Home Server, Market Research
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Announces Milestones
Mar 22, 2010 – At the IPTV World Forum the HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced several key milestones. The organization has added nine companies to its roster, and is nearing the completion of its Green PHY (GP) specification for Smart Grid applications.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Video Exchange
Digital Media Adapters, Players, Receivers Emerge as Competitive New Connected Home Product Category
Nov 10, 2009 – A new class of devices, Digital Media Adapters (DMAs), Digital Media Players (DMPs), and Digital Media Receivers (DMRs) is emerging in the connected digital home, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVR, Games Console, Home Server, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
CANAL OVERSEAS Selects NDS to Deliver External PVR with a Flash EPG
Oct 7, 2009 – NDS has announced that CANAL OVERSEAS (Paris:VIV) is introducing a personal video recorder (PVR) service with a Flash™-based Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) developed by NDS.
News categories: NDS Group, CANAL OVERSEAS, Caribbean, Digital TV, DVR, Mascarene Islands, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Western Digital, Iomega and Hewlett Packard Make Major Moves in Consumer Network Storage Market Share
Mar 3, 2009 – As growth slows in the consumer network storage market, competitors are jockeying for market share, reports In-Stat. Western Digital, Iomega and HP each made major upward moves in 2008. Meanwhile, Buffalo Technologies continues to hold the top spot.
News categories: In-Stat, Home Server, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers