Digital TV News: Wi-Fi Alliance
New security layer for MoCA home networking
Apr 30, 2019 – Addressing the requests for stronger secured links between networked devices, MoCA has developed MoCASec, a security layer for MoCA links, available for its entire portfolio of specifications. MoCASec enhances network configurations where peer to peer privacy is required.
News categories: MoCA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Charles Cerino, Kevin Robinson, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Miracast adds support for HD and 4K Ultra HD content streaming
Jul 26, 2017 – The Wi-Fi Alliance has announced that Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast has added new capabilities to better support high-definition (HD) and 4K Ultra HD content streaming for a more immersive wireless viewing experience.
News categories: Wi-Fi Alliance, Edgar Figueroa, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
IoT to Account for 28% of Wireless Connectivity IC Market by 2021
Apr 27, 2016 – ABI Research has found that smart home, beacon, wearable, and other nascent IoT applications including energy management and smart cities are to propel the wireless IoT connectivity market forward.
News categories: ABI Research, Andrew Zignani, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
ALi Launches HD network media player with smartphone/tablet display mirroring
Mar 14, 2013 – ALi Corporation has announced the launch of a high definition network media player, M3912, featuring multiscreen video sharing technology. Applications of ALi's M3912 include multiscreen bridges, DVB to IP thick clients and network multimedia players.
News categories: ALi Corp, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
Sigma Designs Launches New EasyTV™ Dongle With Wireless Display at CES
Jan 7, 2013 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they will be launching its EasyTV Dongle reference design at CES. EasyTV enables users to access multimedia on their cellphone, tablet or laptop and share it on a large screen or projector.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES2021, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Cavium PureVu® Powers NETGEAR Push2TV® Miracast Compatible Wireless Display Adapter
Sep 24, 2012 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that NETGEAR's Push2TV wireless display adapter is based on Cavium's CNW6611L media SoC. The Push2TV is one of the first adapters that is pre-standard compliant with the Wi-Fi Alliance's Miracast™ specification.
News categories: Cavium, NETGEAR, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Wi-Fi Alliance® launches Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™
Sep 19, 2012 – The Wi-Fi Alliance has announced the launch of the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™ certification program. Miracast devices provide simplified discovery and setup, so users can quickly transmit video content from one device to another.
News categories: Wi-Fi Alliance, Smart Home
Sigma Designs and Qualcomm Atheros to Demonstrate Development Platform for Wi-Fi Display at CES 2012
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a joint Wi-Fi Display/DLNA IPTV reference design with Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM). The design enables connected media players to receive video wirelessly using the Wi-Fi Display™ standard.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Atheros, CES2021, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden