Digital TV News: WirelessHD
WirelessHD Now Supports 3DTV, HDCP 2.0, Data Applications and Data Rates in Excess of 10 Gbps
Jan 5, 2010 – The WirelessHD® Consortium has announced a major enhancement to the WirelessHD 1.0 specification.
News categories: WirelessHD, Blu-ray, CES2021, Content Protection, Digital TV, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
SiBEAM Partners With VIZIO to Develop Wireless Solutions Using The WirelessHD Standard
Jan 4, 2010 – VIZIO has announced that it has chosen to add WirelessHD technology and SiBEAM 60 GHz chipsets, based on the globally available WirelessHD standard, for a new line of LCD HDTVs and wireless HDMI adapters.
News categories: SiBEAM, VIZIO, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
SiBEAM Second Generation Chipsets Accelerate WirelessHD Market Adoption
Oct 5, 2009 – SiBEAM has unveiled its second generation 60GHz chipsets based on the WirelessHD® specification at CEATEC Japan. The new chipsets serve to boost and simplify CE manufacturer accessibility and WirelessHD product development.
News categories: SiBEAM, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
WirelessHD® 60GHz CE Products Arrive in Europe
Sep 3, 2009 – The WirelessHD® Consortium has announced that the European Union has approved the 60GHz band for unlicensed commercial use and WirelessHD products are now available in Europe. Products will be showcased at the IFA Expo in Berlin.
News categories: WirelessHD, European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IFA2020, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Semiconductor, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
802.11n is the Spoiler at the Wireless HD Video Party
Apr 29, 2009 – 802.11n Wi-Fi technology will dominate the wireless HD video market, at least for the next several years, reports In-Stat. WHDI, WirelessHD, and UWB are competing in this space. However, the ubiquity of Wi-Fi technology is proving unstoppable.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV
Toshiba to Bring New Levels of Leading Edge Technologies at CES 2009
Jan 8, 2009 – Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) will invite visitors to CES 2009 to experience Digital Life Innovation and how Toshiba's digital technologies create new products and new services, and realize the potential of the 'ultimate on-demand experience.'
News categories: Toshiba, CES2021, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
SiBEAM, Inc. Delivers High-Performance WirelessHD™ Chipsets Into Production and Touts Audio/Video and Data Capabilities
Jan 7, 2009 – SiBEAM has announced that its WirelessHD™ chipsets have entered volume production. SiBEAM has provided samples to customers since the first quarter of 2008 and is now preparing to expand partners' product development activity.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2021, Semiconductor, Smart Home
WirelessHD™ Consortium Completes Compliance Test Specification and Names First Authorized Test Center
Jan 7, 2009 – The WirelessHD™ Consortium has announced that the WirelessHD Compliance Test Specification (CTS) version 1.0 is now available. In addition, Compliance Certification Services (CCS) has been named the first WirelessHD Authorized Test Center.
News categories: WirelessHDâ„¢ Consortium, Compliance Certification Services, CES2021, Smart Home
Wireless HDTV Vendors Back Their Choices with Cash, but Few Products Are Market-Ready in North America
Dec 12, 2008 – Although consumer electronics vendors continue to line up behind the two proposed standards for wireless high definition television connectivity most retailers shelves have yet to see any products.
News categories: ABI Research, WHDI Special Interest Group, WirelessHD, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024