Digital TV News: Wurl
Wurl TV added to Espial video platform
Apr 6, 2017 – Wurl TV is now available to video service providers who use Espial's Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl's internet-delivered TV channels on Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Espial, Wurl TV, Jaison Dolvane, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl TV launches on TiVo
Mar 14, 2017 – Wurl TV has announced that Wurl’s Internet-delivered programming is now available on TiVo’s cable TV and retail set-top boxes. For cable operators, Wurl provides a programming alternative to traditional cable networks.
News categories: Wurl TV, TiVo, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wurl launches the world’s first streaming cable TV network
Jul 25, 2016 – Wurl has announced the launch of the Wurl Network, the world’s first streaming cable TV network. The Wurl Network provides five channels broadband-delivered through cable TV operators’ connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Wurl, Fidelity Communications, Sean Doherty, Loren King, Cable TV, USA
Wurl releases U.S. video viewing index
Sep 25, 2015 – Wurl has announced a video index that compares the usage of major video viewing services based on publicly available data. The index, referred to as 'AMOV', measures the average minutes of viewing by U.S. adults on each video platform, taking into account both usage and reach.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
ARRIS and Wurl introduce OTT content portal for cable operators
Jul 21, 2014 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Wurl have announced the launch of ARRIS Market -- a platform for cable operators combining over-the-top (OTT) content with traditional programming services on ARRIS set-tops.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Wurl, Inc, Sean Doherty, Debbie Stackis, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs