Digital TV News: Xstream
SeaChange acquires Xstream
Feb 11, 2019 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has acquired privately-held Xstream A/S. SeaChange paid $4.6 million in cash and 541,738 shares of SeaChange common stock, for a total transaction value as of February 6, 2019 of $5.5 million.
News categories: SeaChange, Xstream, Ed Terino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Altibox signs SaaS-based master agreement with Xstream
Dec 5, 2018 – Xstream has announced that its service agreement with Norway's Altibox has been upgraded to a multi-year software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model. Altibox has used Xstream’s services since 2010.
News categories: Xstream, Altibox, Michael Rasmussen, Jarle Johnson, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, TV Everywhere
Canal Digital renews OTT cloud partnership with Xstream
Feb 20, 2018 – Xstream has announced that Canal Digital has renewed its business relationship with Xstream enabling the continued use of its OTT cloud technology and managed operation services in the Nordic markets.
News categories: Xstream, Canal Digital, Michael Rasmussen, Henke Erichsen, Content Distribution, Denmark, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Xstream launches OTT monetisation tool
Aug 16, 2017 – Xstream has launched a customer engagement tool enabling video providers to boost subscriber acquisition, speed up conversion into paying customers and to lengthen customer retention times.
News categories: Xstream, Jacob Barlebo, Big Data, IBC, OTT, Worldwide
ALTBalaji launches global OTT service with Diagnal And Xstream
Mar 2, 2017 – ALTBalaji has marked its entry into the OTT entertainment space. Its S-VOD service will be available from mid-April 2017. ALTBalaji is developed, designed, and integrated by Diagnal based on a video management system from Xstream.
News categories: ALTBalaji, Diagnal, Xstream, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Xstream and Diagnal power 'dimsum' SVOD in Malaysia
Nov 15, 2016 – Xstream and Diagnal have announced that they are powering the dimsum VOD service launched by Malaysia's Star Online. Xstream's cloud-based OTT Platform is the backbone of the multiscreen VOD solution.
News categories: Xstream, Diagnal, dimsum, Star Media, Laurits Tygesen, Reuben Verghese, Lam Swee Kim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT, UX
Balaji Telefilms selects Xstream and Diagnal for OTT service
Feb 29, 2016 – Balaji Telefilms, India’s largest TV and film production studio, has announced a partnership with Xstream and Diagnal for its upcoming OTT entertainment service, ALT Balaji. Xstream’s cloud-based video management system will fuel ALT Balaji’s multiscreen offering.
News categories: Xstream, Diagnal, ALT Digital Media Entertainment, Simon Hoegsbro, Reuben Verghese, Sunil Nair, Ashish Bhansali, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
Oct 23, 2014 – Canal Digital customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland can now see their favorite TV show and movies on their iPad with the recently launched Canal Digital GO iPad app, designed, developed and powered by Xstream.
News categories: Xstream A/S, Canal Digital, Frank Thorup, Tone Krohn Clausen, Apps, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Spark New Zealand selects OTT platform provider, Xstream
Aug 28, 2014 – Xstream has announced that Spark New Zealand (formerly Telecom NZ) has selected its video management platform, Xstream MediaMaker, for delivery of the new Spark OTT video service, Lightbox.
News categories: Xstream A/S, Spark, Lightbox, Mike McMahon, Frank Thorup, Content Distribution, IBC, New Zealand, OTT
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- UEFA launches free-to-air OTT digital platform
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected