Digital TV News: Yle
DNA Finland to close its terrestrial TV network
Oct 28, 2019 – DNA is to close its VHF frequency-based terrestrial network in 2020. The company will also relinguish its terrestrial network license. DNA will be focusing on cable and broadband distribution, continuing to offer TV services throughout Finland.
News categories: DNA, Pekka Väisänen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Finland prepares for high definition DTT broadcasting
Sep 21, 2017 – The television operators in the Finnish terrestrial broadcasting network have agreed that the free-to-air channels will all simultaneously adopt the DVB-T2 broadcasting technology that enables high definition (HD).
News categories: Digita, Juha-Pekka Weckström, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DNA to offer Android TV STB in Finland
May 3, 2017 – DNA has announced the launch of its DNA TV-hubi device in Finland. The box combines all forms of watching television, channels, applications, games and music into a single convenient service.
News categories: DNA, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Qualcomm, Nokia and Yle demo LTE Supplemental Downlink in a TV Broadcast Band
Sep 2, 2016 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), Nokia and Finnish broadcasting company, Yle, have announced have conducted the world's first demonstration of the LTE Supplemental Downlink (SDL) technology in a TV broadcast band.
News categories: Qualcomm, Nokia, Yle, European Commission, Enrico Salvatori, Stephan Litjens, Lauri Kivinen, Roberto Viola, Broadband, Digital TV, Finland, Mobile, Terrestrial
Strong position for Netflix in the Nordics
May 15, 2014 – Watching TV over the internet, web TV, is growing rapidly in the Nordics. More than 6 million people in the Nordics use some kind of web TV service daily and more and more use paid services – especially Netflix.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
DNA to offer DVB-H mobile TV in Finland
Oct 8, 2009 – Finland's DNA has launched DVB-H mobile TV using the network operated by Digita. The service is starting by offering all viewers a free trial period.
News categories: Digita Oy, DNA Oy, Digital TV, Finland, Mobile
Finland switched over to all-digital television
Mar 1, 2008 – The whole of Finland switched completely over to digital television on Saturday, 1 March, at 8.00 a.m. when analogue broadcasting was also switched off in cable networks.
News categories: Finnish National Broadcasting Company, DigiTV, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video