Digital TV News: ZAP
Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
Aug 15, 2019 – Sky Media has announced that it has partnered with BVA BDRC, Differentology and Affectiva to measure the impact of addressable TV campaigns using its AdSmart product. The extensive study included facial coding and emotional analytics.
News categories: Sky Media, Jamie West, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Comcast Spotlight launches Local TV attribution with TVSquared
Aug 7, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has announced the launch of an attribution solution that will bring greater accountability to local TV advertising. The product, launched in partnership with TVSquared, allows local cable TV advertisers to measure lower-funnel activity.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, TVSquared, Hank Oster, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
U.S. TV viewing reverses declines
Aug 2, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has launch its inaugural TV Viewership Report. One of the most notable findings coming out of this edition was that TV viewership is at a two-year high, reversing the trend of decline that Comcast Spotlight has seen since it began tracking this data in 2017.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, Brendan Condon, Andrea Zapata, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
Jul 18, 2019 – SFR has unveiled its SFR Box 8. The 4K HDR box integrates voice assistance, a personalised user experience and WiFi 6 support. Altice will market the box first in France, with availability from August 20, 2019.
News categories: SFR, Altice, Grégory Rabuel, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
Jun 13, 2019 – Proximus has announced that it is launching five new products and services that will change the media experience of its customers, allowing them to find their way more easily through the immense offer of possibilities.
News categories: Proximus, Advertising, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Telenet introduces STB with voice control, Netflix and YouTube integration
Apr 25, 2019 – Telenet has begun the rollout of its latest decoder. The main new features are voice remote control, cloud storage of recorded programs, and integration of Netflix and YouTube. The TV box also has a totally revamped 'look and feel'.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Televisa acquires part of Axtel's residential FTTH business
Dec 18, 2018 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has acquired from Axtel its residential fiber-to-the- home business and related assets in Mexico City, Zapopan, Monterrey, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosi and Ciudad Juarez.
News categories: Televisa, Axtel, Fibre, Mexico, MnA
Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
Dec 11, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the deployment by Telefónica of an IPTV/FTTH pay TV service in Argentina based on the Frog Source Set Top Box software from Wyplay. Wyplay provided Professional Services and support to Telefónica.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018