Digital TV News: ZON TV Cabo
Pay TV subscribers in Portugal up 3.2% in 1Q 2012
Jun 4, 2012 – According to Portugal's Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ANACOM), there were 3.073 million subscribers to subscription TV as at the end of 1st Quarter 2012 (1Q2012), 96 thousand more than in the previous quarter.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
ZON Multimedia First to Field Trial NDS Snowflake UI, Enabled by MediaHighway STB Software
Sep 9, 2010 – NDS has announced that Portuguese pay-TV operator ZON Multimedia (Lisbon:ZON) will field trial its new TV platform, based on the NDS Snowflake™ User Interface (UI).
News categories: NDS Group, ZON Multimedia, Cable TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Portugal, Satellite
Concurrent wins ZON TV Cabo VOD
Aug 25, 2008 – Concurrent (Nasdaq: CCUR) has announced that ZON TV Cabo has chosen Concurrent's MediaHawk Content Delivery System as their VOD solution. The Portuguese cable operator is scheduled to launch its expanded VOD service in the fourth quarter of 2008.
News categories: Concurrent Computer, ZON TV Cabo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Portugal
ZON announces Full Year 2007 Consolidated Results
Feb 27, 2008 – The last quarter of 2007 was excellent for ZON Multimédia (ex-PT Multimedia). The digital extended basic package ('Funtastic Life') reached 382 thousand subscribers in 2007, with 112 thousand net additions during this period.
News categories: TV Cabo, Earnings Release, Results Presentation, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
OpenTV Announces New Customer Win in Partnership With Nagravision
Feb 20, 2008 – OpenTV (NASDAQ GM: OPTV) has announced that its middleware and enterprise solutions have been selected by ZON TV Cabo in Portugal to support the operator's upcoming HD PVR launch.
News categories: OpenTV, Nagravision, ZON TV Cabo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Portugal, Satellite, Set Top Box
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi