Digital TV News: Zeebo
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Second Screens Vying for TV Viewers' Attention
Apr 9, 2013 – According to new information from The NPD Group, nearly all (88 percent) U.S. households own at least one device that can be used as a second screen, with 87 percent of U.S. entertainment consumers reported to be using at least one second-screen device while watching television.
News categories: NPD Group, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
zeebox TV companion app makes U.S. debut
Sep 27, 2012 – zeebox has announced that Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, HBO and Cinemax are teaming with zeebox to support its cross-channel TV viewing companion app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and the Web.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
zeebox and Network Ten ink partnership for Australia
Jul 11, 2012 – zeebox has announced a joint-venture with Network Ten in Australia to launch zeebox's app locally. zeebox provides viewers with a social TV discovery and interaction service, while enabling broadcasters and brands to engage with TV fans across channels.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Australia, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
BSkyB Customers to Enjoy 'Augmented TV' Through zeebox Partnership
Jan 9, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has entered into a strategic partnership with zeebox. Launching in the first half of 2012, Sky and zeebox will offer a companion app experience for Sky customers which offers unique 'augmented' TV viewing features.
News categories: BSkyB, zeebox, Apps, Ireland, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
Zeebo China Unveils Plans to Bring Digital Interactive Education and Entertainment to Chinese Families
Oct 28, 2010 – Zeebo China has described its plans to develop a 3G-connected education and entertainment system specifically for Chinese consumers. The Zeebo system will enable users to wirelessly download and view content and applications on their TV sets.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Zeebo, 5G, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding